eDrawings® is the only CAD viewer on iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod Touch that allows you to view native eDrawings files as well as native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies and drawings files. In addition, eDrawings allows convenient viewing of DWG and DXF files.
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
eDrawings is the email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
Multi-touch gestures let you pan, zoom, and rotate models easily. eDrawings also supports configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks® and all other supported CAD software.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data using multi-touch
* Animate 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views.
* Browse your assembly components tree, configurations and drawing sheets
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
Fix displaying of decals.
Fix opening SolidWorks documents with unicode characters in filename.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't support Chinese . so sad
Unable to open Chinese filename
Thank you for getting in touch regarding the app. If you have time, Can you provide some further information by creating a Service request on below link:
eDrawings Support Team.
I recently began using SolidWorks under a sponsorship for an engineering challenge. I absolutely love the software, however presentation of the CAD files was difficult and inefficient requiring my laptop (I use renders for 2d presentations, but being able to present a design in three dimensions makes all the different). I now use the AR feature of eDrawings constently for it provides an increadible way to quickly and accuretly show people designes without having keep prototypes on my person. Furthermore, the ability to make components in assemblies transparent or completely invisible is increadibly useful for showing exactly how a design fits together as well as internal structures. Overall, this is a great app and definetly worth the money.
very basic functionality
As a file viewer, it works well. It's just a half-baked product with a lot of potential that hasn't been realized yet. At first I thought there was no cloud storage support, but you CAN select files in Dropbox and choose to open them in eDrawings so that's OK. Once the files are copied from email into eDrawings though, they're dumped into a single screen containing all your files…there does not appear to be any way to create folders to organize the files by project.
As additional functionality is added to make this app more like the desktop version, it'll easily deserve five stars. It has a lot of potential and for now, I'm just thankful to finally be able to have my cad files easily viewable on the iPad like this.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 193.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1999-2018 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.