Take CTRL of your credit and debit cards with Educators Credit Union CTRL app. With just a touch of your mobile device, you can allow (or not allow) use of your card based on location, merchant type, transaction amount or a number of other factors. CTRL helps protect you and your money against fraud, which is especially important in this age of data breaches and hacked information. Lock your card when you're not using it and turn it on when you're read to pay - all with a touch. CTRL is available to Educators Credit Union Visa® credit or Visa® debit Card holders only. Visit www.ecu.com, http://www.ecu.com for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Transactions don’t match
This app is a great idea in theory, but needs improvements. There have been a few times that I log in, and have serious concerns as to if my credit card has been compromised - 1) only to find out it is still showing in the app as a pending transaction from over a week ago, or 2) the name on the transaction is just wrong, but the dollar amount aligns with a transaction I made. For example: I made a purchase from an online-only company, however, the app shows up as a purchase from GoodWill in the same dollar amount. I calmed down once I saw the ECU mobile site reflects with the correct name. (I have no problems with GoodWill, but honestly haven’t been there in years to shop.) Another feature of the app that would be a nice fix is the inconsistent login method. Sometimes it asks me to type in the password, while other times it uses FaceID.
Could be great with some work
This is a cool app, but it could be even better. Here’s what I’d like to see:
1) I'd love if I could see account credit notifications in real time rather than just withdrawals. Money doesn’t only just leave my account luckily.
2) I’d like TouchID/FaceID to actually work. Half the time it forces me to enter my password. The other half it gives me TouchID/FaceID. If that were coded correctly, it would work every time. Biometrics (TouchID/FaceID) are much more secure than a password so you’re actually compromising security by having a biometric timeout, not making anything more secure.
3) The most important thing: There should be a third option besides just on or off. There should be a middle ground option where if set, it would send me a push notification to accept or deny the charge. Only having on and off is too rudimentary and often leads to denied charges that should be accepted, but I forget I have my card off.
I'm glad this app exists, but do hope ECU’s app vendor continues to develop it and makes it more useful. It’s been over a year since it was updated last. That’s not okay. Do better, ECU.
This app needs work..serious work. My card was declined a few times. I finally told Educators whatever restrictions were on my card they need to remove it! My card should not be declining especially when I have this handy dandy crappy app to monitor my card. I don’t understand the point of the app, an app I can turn my card off and on if I would like. The transactions on the CTRL app don’t match up with the ones on the Educators app..example: a $20 purchase at King Wok, which i don’t eat at is showing up on the CTRL app but not the Educators app. I will be calling educators to see if this $20 charge is actually true
- Educators Credit Union - Ivanhoe Place Real Estate Llc,
- 28.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2013 Educators Credit Union
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.