Educreations Interactive Whiteboard
By Educreations, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Educreations turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Creating a great video tutorial is as simple as touching, tapping and talking. Explain a math formula... Create an animated lesson... Add commentary to your photos... Diagram a sports play...
With voice recording, realistic digital ink, photos and text, and simple sharing through email, Facebook or Twitter, now you can broadcast your ideas from anywhere.
• Help students with homework by working through an example problem.
• Put your lessons on the web so students can watch them before and after class.
• Tutor someone from afar.
• Showcase your video tutorials on educreations.com and share your knowledge with the world.
• Add your commentary to famous works of art.
• Diagram football plays, John Madden style.
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting and drawings
• Draw in 10 colors of incredibly realistic digital ink
• Add text to any page
• Add photos from the iPad camera, Photo Albums, Dropbox or the Web
• Animate images by dragging them around while recording
• Create multiple whiteboard pages
• Scroll pages up or down when you need extra space
• Easily erase drawing mistakes
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Pause/resume or start over recording anytime
• Create a free account on educreations.com and choose who can view your lessons
• Share your lessons via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us: educreations.com/about
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/educreations
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/educreations
What's New in Version 1.5.7
• Page scrolling - swipe with two fingers when you need more space
• Fix a crash on iOS 5 devices (1.5.7)
• Improved iOS 7 compatibility (1.5.7)
Great App for Grad School
This app has changed the way that our graduate students learn neuroanatomy at a graduate level. Typically, we record lectures for reviewing previous content, but this app allows me to share short 3-5 minute drawings of sensory and motor pathways in the spinal cord while I talk through the pathway (e.g. it records the drawing and the voice at the same time), demonstrate connections within the cortex on screenshots of images, and demonstrate solving case stories. Students report that these Educreations videos are easier to watch because they are short, and allow focused review of content that they need, and are easy to access from a variety of devices, rather than rewatching an entire recorded lecture.
Outstanding, for what it is
Educreations is a great voice-over-whiteboard app that can also be accessed (albeit with fewer features) via a browser. To do fine work you might need a Wacom-like tablet, but with practice and a little creativity you can even work through these limitations.
The current version allows you to resize graphics by pinch and zoom, which is great. You can also use a tool like the Windows snipping tool (or Grab on the Mac) to turn bits of text into a graphic when using the browser version.
Highly recommended for teachers of all varieties.
Change photos mid-recording
I like the fact that I can grab different images and photos during a recording. There are plenty of colors to choose from in the color palette, and I do not have the problem of the video dropping the soundtrack like I do with another program (SC). I wish there was a way to download the movies, as there are limitations as to where students can access internet content and if I could edit my completed movie it would not be as frustrating when you make a mistake. Instead of starting over I could just edit out the mistakes.