By Monocle Society
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Eggscellent (formerly Pomodorable) offers an exciting and adorable approach to get work done! Based on effective time management principles, Eggscellent transforms your to-do list into manageable activities. You commit to finishing your goals; Eggscellent lets you strategize when and how to accomplish them.
• Innovative visual timer - watch your eggs hatch!
• Mountain Lion Reminders and Local Notifications integration
• OmniFocus and Things support
• Retina Display Graphics
• Automatic Social status updates for Messages, Skype, and Adium to limit interruptions
• Interruption Tracking
• Custom sounds
• Calendar integration
• and more!
Eggscellent was created by people who believe that time and task management can be fun and adorable.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Faster integration with all task managers
- Fixed issue for clicking start multiple times
- Fixed Support link
- Egg animation can now be hidden in preferences
- Visual timer is no longer out of sync with task
- Break length is now reset after 4 hours of inactivity
A+ for Idea, C+ for “Eggsecution"
Eggscellent is truly a wonderful idea, however, there are some bugs and ways that it can be improved!
1) Sometimes, I can’t click the start button or the + button; all I can do is click on a task to finish it..
2) There should be a way to manually rearrange the tasks by dragging them around.
3) There should also be a bigger difference between the hues of yellow for the period of time to complete the task. It’s quite difficult to tell them apart.
4) Make the timer resizeable. Some people have small screens and don’t want to waste screen-space with the timer.
5) The history button shouldn’t look like a graph; it has nothing to do with graphs.
6) The menu when you click on the history button is too plain; it should be a hatched egg with a chick instead of a checkmark, or at least something a little more creative than a simple checkmark, and the background of this menu should be something less plain than yellow?
There are quite few bugs. Usablity tests could help the application.
one of the basic things -> If i go to preferences and disable visual timer. I have no way to increase the distractions except for using the complex shortcuts.
The animation and the rectangle (visual timer) takes up too much of my screen space.
The history has a graph icon, shows a notes like thing saying history ~~ where is the graph people?
I cannot resize the long frame that comes when i click the egg icon on the menu bar.
Big issue with the Start icon -> it sometimes is disabled sometimes enabled! when a task is not selected then it should be disabled, but i have seen times when that is enabled even without selecting any task. At that that point if i click the start button nothing happens.!!! Clicking on the task makes it completed (in RED), its annoying -> a usability study would help here.
Then ~$10 for this is not worth it. I wasted my money, you should not. I have seen much better apps in less than a dollar
Reminders integration is a winner
I’ve tried most of the other apps in the “pomodora” genre and this one is the best.
I wanted a timer that would allow me to add tasks on my phone when I was on the go… and then let me get down to business when I opened my laptop. This is the only one.
The UI is cute — maybe too cute? — but it’s really polished and it works great.