Egyptian Multiplication Method
By Esa Helttula
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app can be used to teach and study the ancient Egyptian multiplication method.
The Egyptian Multiplication Method
Ancient Egyptians were able to multiply any two numbers by using just the ability to multiply by 2, and to add.
Endorsed by teachers
Rita Zeni, Ecole Sandy Hill Elementary, Abbotsford, BC, Canada:
"The math apps by Esa Helttula allow students to practice and reinforce the specific computation strategies taught in class, with as much or as little scaffolding as necessary.
They also provide individualized feedback to each student, with an immediacy that is not always possible through pencil and paper practice. Being able to adjust the level of difficulty to suit their needs is also very motivating for the students. I am so glad to have come across this great educational tool!"
"Check out my review of Esa Helttula’s other apps. They are all fantastic for math learning and practice, and aren’t cluttered with mini-games, incentives, or annoying music. All of these apps get two thumbs up from this GeekMom."
- The multiplicand can have up to 1 -¬ 2 digits
- The multiplier can have 1 - 2 digits
- Custom and random problems
- The current operation for each step can be hidden
- The operands for the current operation can be highlighted
- There are 3 different themes
- The speed of the animations can be set
- Different interface on iPhone and iPad
- Works in portrait and landscape orientation on the iPad
- Open worksheets of up to 10 problems that are made on the iDevBooks.com site
Other iDevBooks math apps
iDevBooks math apps have been reviewed and endorsed by Wired.com, IEAR.org, Edudemic.com, Teachers with Apps, and other respected sites and organizations.
Some of the other 24 iDevBooks math apps are Column Addition, Long Multiplication, Long Division, Column Subtraction, Visual Multiplication Table, Partial Differences Subtraction, Partial Products Multiplication, Partial Sums Addition, Decimal Rounding, etc.
Feedback and requests for new features
New ideas to make this app better are welcome. Please visit idevbooks.com to give feedback.
This app has no ads or in-app purchases and it does not transmit any data during the operation of the app. This app also does not contain any links to other apps or the web.
What's New in Version 5.0
- open worksheets from app (new worksheets can be made on the iDevBooks.com site)
- support for iOS 10.0
- support for shared iPad in school environments
For more information about worksheets and other new features of this version please visit idevbooks.com. Please also get in contact if you have any feedback or you want information about 32 iDevBooks math apps.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 15, 2017
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Esa Helttula
- © Esa Helttula
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.