By SoftSource Consulting
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Egyptian Ratslap, Egyptian Ratscrew, Egyptian War, ERS, Slaps: these are just a handful of the many names this fast-paced game has, but no matter what name you call it, it's always fun!
At the beginning of a game, the deck is distributed evenly amongst the players. Each person keeps their stack of cards face-down. Once the game begins, players take turns laying down the top card from their stack onto the discard pile face-up. There are different ways to pick up the pile throughout the game, and the winner is the person who is able to end up with all of the cards.
When a player lays down an Ace, Jack, Queen, or King, the next player has a certain number of chances to lay down another one of those four special cards. If they succeed, it becomes the next player's turn. If they do not, the person who played the original special card gets to pick up the pile. You have one chance for jacks, two chances for queens, three chances for kings, and four chances for aces.
Players can also pick up the pile by slapping it in certain situations. For local matches with your friends, instead of slapping the pile itself, there is a Slap Zone around each player's stack of cards. When a legal slap appears, simply tap in the Slap Zone to try to win the pile. First to slap wins! However, if you try to slap the pile when you're not supposed to, you take a penalty and must place the top card from your stack underneath the discard pile. If this card happens to be a face card or an ace, it has no effect of making the next player try to get another face card or ace.
When a player runs out of cards to play, they are out of the game. However, they can potentially slap the deck to return. The game is over when one person holds all of the cards, and that player is the winner!
* Retina support on both the iPhone and the iPad
* Play by yourself against the computer in easy, medium, hard, or custom difficulty
* Play locally against a friend
* Can get the ability to play against 3 or 4 friends locally (only available on iPad)
* Face off against your friends or random opponents online in a Multiplayer game through Game Center
* Track your Game Center achievement progress
* Win as many Multi-Online games as you can to increase your standing on the leaderboard
* 20 slap rules make it easy to customize your game play, or you can get the ability to make up as many of your own rules as you want!
* Play with up to three decks of cards at once for extra-long games -- great for boring car rides!
* 15 backgrounds and 10 card backs mean you can stylize the game as you please
* Extra backgrounds and card backs can be purchased through in-app purchases
* In-app purchases also let you buy the ability to make a custom card back from your photo gallery
* Fun for all ages!
What's New in Version 1.2
--Fixed bugs with multiplayer loading screen
--Updated rules page to account for the new content
Could've been a five star but
1. The slapping is horrible. The computer slaps and random places and gets the cards when I try I need to burn a card
2. When you take the cards there are glitches. When I should've gotten the cards from a jack, the computer got it instead.
With all of these bugs, the game has turned very annoying and I didn't play it again because it was so annoying
This game is very inaccurate. For example, my cousin and I were playing. She slapped first but I got the cards. The same thing happened to me. Another example is, when my cousin won with a jack (it was a Jack10), I slapped it before she claimed her cards but I didn't get the cards. It also showed that I slapped a Jack10 on the top of the page. We laughed pretty hard but I would not recommend this game.
I play ERS with friends all the time and know how the game works. When playing on one player mode, the computer takes cards at random moments for no reason. Also, when I lay down a face at anytime when I am running cards for the computer's face, it takes mine. There are too many bugs, this app is not even worth the space on my phone.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 08, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SoftSource Consulting, Inc.
- © 2012 SoftSource Consulting
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack 4$0.99
- Pack 1 + Custom Back$0.99
- Pack 3$0.99
- Pack 2$0.99