By Research Habits Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take Great Notes. 90% Faster.
Transcribe from paper books in seconds.
***2013 Evernote Trunk Featured App***
Meet your personal research assistant. Use your camera to bring eBook benefits to paper sources. That means you can prepare organized, searchable, copy-and-pastable excerpts and notes from hardcopy books, journals, and magazines. Review in-app or online.
+ Transcribe Highlights:
eHighLighter's OCR technology uses your iPhone camera to quickly record digital notes and highlights. Easily access these notes on your phone or any web-enabled device.
+ Manages Citations:
Create, manage, and export MLA, Chicago, or APA styled bibliographies. Instantly add citation information by scanning a book's barcode or searching by title/author.
+ Searchable Annotations:
Keep information organized with notes and tags. Sort and search highlights by tag or keyword.
Instantly share notes with other eHighLighter users or export to email, Evernote and Dropbox.
Writing out an entire quote can take minutes. Typing quotes in to your computer is a good way to organize, but adds even more time. With eHighlighter, you can transcribe quotes in just seconds. You can then review your highlights and notes in one organized, searchable place.
• Transcribe specific book excerpts in seconds
• Add annotations
• Manage citations in proper MLA, APA, or Chicago format
• Review organized, searchable notes in app or online
• Export to Evernote, Dropbox and email
What's New in Version 1.2
* Edit Highlights - our OCR is top notch, but even 99.5% misses a character now and then. Now you can manually correct any transcription errors.
* Evernote, Email, Dropbox export improvements
A really helpful tool!
I love this app! It is ridiculously helpful with my studying!
A few areas of improvement:
- I shouldn't have to retake my picture from the beginning if there's an error while uploading to process.
- I would prefer that when I upload to Evernote, that the note in Evernote is updated (or replaced), rather than giving me multiple copies of the same note since I sync to Evernote throughout the book (so I have access to the notes and highlights there as well while I'm still reading through the book).
Thanks for a great app by and large - one that I am quite thankful for!
I still love reading actual books but I miss the convenience of highlighting in eBooks - enter this fantastic app! I've used it for awhile but the recent update brought huge improvements. The text recognition seems 99% accurate now, and when something does render incorrectly (like a footnote) I can easily edit it. I also really like the structure of the app - being able to save collections of highlights by book and page number, then export to Evernote when I'm done. Which, by the way, is how I found this app - the Evernote 'Trunk'. They work great together. Anyway, thanks a bunch!
Really Awesome App for Taking book notes
Thanks for developing a such awesome app. It's hugely helpful for my notes taking. However it is still not good enough yet. Here's one suggestion:
Please make the app have the ability to replace the original copy of notes instead of creating multiple versions of it. Some times it takes lots of time just on organizing them. Thanks a lot.