The official version of the board game - Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat.
AWARDS & HONORS
2013 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
2013 Golden Geek Best Print & Play Board Game Nominee
2014 Gioco dell’Anno Nominee
2014 Hra roku Nominee
Build an empire in around eight minutes!
Recruit troops to strengthen your army
Command your forces to acquire new provinces
Challenge your friends all over the world
Sail across the seas & build castles to expand your empire
Eliminate enemy troops to weaken your adversaries
Collect goods to increase your advantage
Eight-Minute Empire, by Ryan Laukat, is a quick Civilization/Exploration game using card-driven area control.
In Eight-Minute Empire, 2-5 players take turns selecting a card from the six displayed. This card gives the player a resource, and also has an action which the player takes immediately. Actions help players take over the map, but the resources are worth points at the end of the game, so players have to balance the two aspects. Players spread across the map in order to collect points at the end of the game by having majority control in regions and continents.
Eight-Minute Empire is the super-quick area control game requiring tough decisions. It’s easy to learn and perfect for when you only have a few minutes.
- official Eight-Minute Empire game
- great artwork
- ingame interactive tutorial
- languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Russian
- optimized for PC, smartphones and tablets
- play with AI, with friends or both
- pass and play mode
- online multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
- opponents' last moves replay
- 3 levels of difficulty AIs with individual strategies
- different maps
- climate sounds and music
- official rules plus extra additions
- unique, original board game feel on your electronic device
- colorblind mode
- over 70 achievements
- Old Europe map for free
- you can join any room and play online game, even if you don't have particular map
- added Play Again button for online games
- added timer for synchronous mode
- improved recruitment animation
- a lot of minor game improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Once again, text is too small
1) the text is too small in this game. Please utilize larger text/fonts to make playing this game easier on iPhones.
2) add wins/loss records for solo play versus ai.
See my review for Isanbul; same issues.
Multi-player needs work.
This a fine, faithful adaptation of a very good board. I would easily add another two stars to my review when the following issues are addressed. Most importantly there are no time limits in an asynchronous game. This means when a player abandons a game, the game goes into limbo. I have two such games hanging as I write this post. Secondly, there does not appear to be a way to set a specific numbers of players in a multi-player game. So if I want to create a three player game, I have to be constantly watching the game lobby to start the game when the desired number of players join. I’m certain the developers will address this in a forthcoming update and I will happily revise the game’s rating at that time.
Fun for what it is
It's a well done little conquest game done with cards. It's limited but there's real skill involved in winning which I like. It's also quick, for those times you want a lighter games.
- Acram Sp. z o.o.
- 254.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Acram Digital & Red Raven Games
- In-App Purchases
- Mountains Expansion $1.99
- New Lands - All Maps Pack $4.99
- Old Europe Map $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.