Eka-The Little Sumatran Rhino
By Esperanza Escobedo Gonzales
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**The Story: Eka, our little Sumatran rhino, is a mischievous, curious, and playful rhino boy who lives with his mother Indah in the lush green jungles of Indonesia's Sumatra island. Follow the pair as Indah guides her boy and teaches him about the joys and dangers of life in the jungle. All seems normal until, one day, when Eka is faced with a life changing event and must take action.
**The Mission: Eka - The Little Sumatran Rhino is a reality-based fiction designed to help children and parents discover and learn about the critically endangered Sumatran rhinos and the threats to their survival. Eka’s story seeks to raise awareness and inspire the future generation to take action and help save our endangered species.
**The App: >> Optimized for iPAD / Not Recommended for iPhone <<
- A journey of discovery, learning and transformation.
- Original, reality-based fictional story;
- Forty-six richly illustrated cinematic scenes;
- Professional narration and character voice recordings;
- Immersive sound design with jungle ambiance and action sound effects;
- Two reading modes: Autoplay (story plays from beginning to end) or - Read to Me (fully controllable with text bubble for reading);
- Designed for children ages 4 to 7 to read together with their parents or on their own.
- For parents who wish to sensitize and educate their children from an early age on.
** Age 4+ with Parental Guidance
We have created Eka’s story for parents like you who are deeply concerned about endangered species and want to educate and sensitize their children about the plight of animals from an early age on. Poaching is the main reason rhinos are endangered. Eka’s story only includes three scenes showing the mother rhino without her horns and these were created with the input of many parents, so as to be acceptable for little children. We believe that these scenes, though emotional, are no more upsetting than scenes from Bambi, which we all saw when we were little, accompanied by our parents. We hope you agree and take your children on this special journey. Thank you.
* If you would like to preview the three scenes, please visit www.ekarhino.com and choose parental guidance *
**The Sumatran Rhino Crisis: Sumatran Rhinos are Critically Endangered. Less than a hundred remain in the wild. “Over-hunting for its horn and other medicinal products has driven this formerly widespread species to the brink of extinction.” IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
TIP: Make sure your iPad/iPhone is not on silent mode.
Find out more at www.ekarhino.com
Follow us on Facebook.com/ekarhino and/or Twitter @ekarhino
What's New in Version 1.1
- Now you can Pause/Resume the story in Autoplay mode.
NOTE: Check the side switch of your device and make sure it is not set on silent mode (red dot visible). Your device needs to be on Ringer mode for the app to play sounds.
Thank you for your support!
Follow us: Twitter: @ekarhino - Facebook: Facebook/ekarhino
More info: www.ekarhino.com
EKA - The Little Sumatran Rhino
A great app to teach kids about endangered aninmals, in this case the Sumatran Rhinos, and the effects humans have on them. It is taught through an engaging story with wondeful drawings, and a lovely soundtrack. Both our 8 and 4 years olds enjoyed the app, took away the story's premise easily, and in fact, have asked to replay/re-read it many more time since.
Finally, a story designed with beautiful illustration and great natural sound to help children and parents alike learn about endangered species. I highly recommend this story as a modern tool to educate children on the beauty of nature and the repercussion of mankind's entanglement with it.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 30, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 157 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Esperanza Escobedo Gonzales
- © 2016 Esperanza Escobedo Gonzales / Philozoephy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.