Books, speech development, comprehension activities and more: eKidz.eu is an ad-free, safe way for children ages 5+ to learn German. Our illustrated books are spread across graduated levels with progressive reading comprehension levels to ensure language learning at a comfortable, individual pace.
Carefully created by an acclaimed team of renowned German children's authors and top-notch speech therapists, eKidz.eu helps young readers learn German proficiently with books, companion reading exercises, narration in karaoke-style, storytelling activities and more. Beginner readers engage in a playful way to develop their foundational literacy skills in four key areas of language proficiency: reading fluency, reading comprehension, pronunciation and intonation. Instant feedback on completed reading levels and exercises ensure young readers learn German quickly and correctly.
eKidz.eu is highly adaptable to the individual learning needs and pace of kids from Kindergarten and 1st grade through elementary school and 6th grade thanks to individual settings:
● Diverse topics, illustration styles and voices
● Texts adjusted to tiered levels of reading ability
● Gradated speed of audio narration is slower at beginner levels and gradually increases with higher levels of language proficiency
● Choice of colour for text background and word highlighting
● Narrated words are highlighted in karaoke-style and directional finger tracking can be applied while reading.
The eKidz.eu German reading program is designed to be clear and easy to use for both parents and teachers. Individual child profiles can be created for children to learn at their own pace. Automatic monitoring and regular progress reports let you relax, confident that your child is spending quality, educational time on her iPad.
● Exclusive content written by acclaimed German children’s authors
● Over 45 structured texts on 9 reading levels
● Gradated speed of audio narration
● Karaoke-style word highlighting during narration
● Offline mode to learn on the go
● Instant language development track record
● Ad-free and safe for children
● Designed specifically for early readers
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTIONS
eKidz.eu offers instructions in four languages: German, English, Spanish and Russian.
The “German practice for up to two children” subscription will unlock all features and content:
• For home use, subscriptions are offered for 3, 6 or 12 months
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon purchase confirmation
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings after purchase
• Where applicable, any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM
eKidz.eu is a creative and cross-curricular program that enables educators to apply various reading strategies in the classroom. It can be used with learners of different ages, levels and learning targets regardless of German being a first or foreign language. Flexible and interactive, eKidz.eu is well-suited for supplemental use in a local school or language school abroad, during a regular lesson or special needs activities; there are numerous ways to accommodate your students’ needs.
Read our regular publications and news: www.ekidz.eu/blog
Friend us on Facebook – eKidz.eu
Connect on Twitter - @eKidz_eu
Check our Instagram – eKidz.eu
Please read Terms and Conditions of Service of the eKidz.eu Application https://www.ekidz.eu/en/terms-of-service/
Thanks to overwhelmingly supportive feedback from teachers and parents like you, we've updated a few things in our immersive language learning app for children:
- Updated registration process
- Better user experience
- Kids can access all reading comprehension levels below the one assigned
- Subscriptions - the free version is limited to one book on each level and audio narration of the first 5 pages of each book. Paid subscriptions include full access to every book & audio narration on every page as well as tracing activities and reading comprehension questions
- Minor bug fixes in the manage assignments (subs section).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.