Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
- small bugfixes and improvements
- fixed: some people could not see the sound-presets of the 4 new synths (old user presets get stored as Soundpresets_backup)
A whole lot more than mere 'drum machine'...
When I first installed the app I was more than a little intimidated by all of the control and extraordinary feature set it has.
Recently something kickstarted a learning phase and I started diving deeper into apps and programs that I use regularly, Elastic being one of them... and holy moly, am I ever glad I did.
1) You can make entire tunes with this: it does more than just drums. In fact, the synths and sampler could be used to create EVERYTHING for a song. Be prepared to get experimental though, because there's no generic keyboard to control pitch - that's handled by knob tweaking, so the results are more organic and chaotic [to my ears] than something played on a 12-tone interface (anything borrowing from piano key layout).
2) The live performance feature set is crazy: this app was obviously designed with live performance in mind as much as anything else. The sequencer & song arrangment views are set up in such a way that you could play a very dynamic live set with it, plus the syncing and export options... yeah.
3) Responsiveness of the devs: a little while I found a very minor bug and contacted the dev team with info. Received a reply within 12 hours, a little more discussion took place, and the fix has already been submitted for next release. If everybody had a turnaround time like that, what a world we'd live in...
Honestly, the original term applied to Roger Linn's first box - a "drum computer" would be a far better designation for Elastic.
There are a ton of generic 16-step drum emulators and even a few novel takes like circular interfaces and whatnot, but Elastic is fast becoming a mainstay. Integrated Ableton Set functionality means I can shoot ideas over to collaborators effortlessly, and its integration with other music iOS apps like Aum is among the best I've seen.
Three thumbs up and five stars! :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 03, 2017
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 181 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oliver Greschke
- © Oliver Greschke
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Sample Import$3.99
- Futuristic synths$3.99
- App-Sound kit$1.99
- Dj Elephant Power kit$1.99