Radar MAX - NOAA Weather
By Elecont LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Radar MAX. Fast, intuitive and visually stunning iPhone and iPad weather app helps you prepare for the latest conditions. Radar MAX is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry.
Radar MAX is a great application for iPhone and iPad that displays high-resolution weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Radar MAX proprietary radar mosaics provide radar imagery at the highest resolution on different zoom levels.
Radar MAX gives you up-to-date animated radar imagery from the National Weather Service, with coverage for all 50 US states (and Puerto Rico and Guam!)
The radars cannot determine precipitation type (such as rain or snow). Radar MAX uses special algorithms to delineate between rain and snow.
Radar MAX shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Radar MAX shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on zoomable maps around your location in real time.
Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States.
* Highest-resolution radar (NEXRAD LEVEL 3, base reflectivity)
* Adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
* Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
* Canadian cities (near U.S./Canada Border only)
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* fast forward and rewind using manual scrollbar
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* displays current position on the map
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
* supports landscape mode on iPad
* saves and restores your last position
* manual refresh option
* faster even when on 3G or EDGE networks
* optimized for older phones (iPhone 3G/3GS)
* Snow/Ice/Rain Radar
* NEXRAD L3, N0R, base reflectivity, filtered data
* delayed 3-7 minutes due to nature of data transmission
What's New in Version 1.1
* iOS 7+ restyle of NOAA High-definition rain/snow doppler radar app for iPhone and iPad
* Fixes some major bugs that occurred when running on iOS 7
* New way to add weather locations on radar map
Need to update your review prompt
Not even on the app for 60 seconds and prompting a review.
You don't have to look up to the skies and see how it look like outside. This is the app
I love it! Keeps us safe, and able to decide when to stop for a meal to avoid driving in storms,; lets me know when it's safe to take a walk, which route to take, and even my 7 year old grandson can check the weather where he wants to go- e.g. The zoo, Hershey Park, the beach, for his soccer practice fields, etc.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 03, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Elecont LLC
- © 2007-2016 Elecont LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.