Electrical Calc Elite - Industry’s top NEC code calculator designed for Electricians, Contractors, Electrical Designers, Builders, Inspectors, and Lighting professionals calculating with the National Electric Code
By Cyberprodigy LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Electrical Calc Elite™ is designed with electrical professionals in mind to solve the most common electrical calculations based on National Electric Codes.
Compliant with 2011, 2008, 2005, 2002, and 1999 NEC®.
Updateable Electrical Code Calculator. An in-app purchase is currently available for NEC 2014 code update.
Great for Electrical Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Electricians, Maintenance Inspectors, Planners, Builders, and Lighting Specialists. The Electrical Calc Elite™ allows you to solve code-related problems quickly and accurately...the most common National Electric Code tables are now at your fingertips!
• Wires Sizes
• Voltage Drop on Wires
• Conduit Sizing
• Ohm's Law
• Kirchhoff's Law
• Motor Full-Load Amps
• Power Factor and Motor Efficiency
• Fuse and Breaker Sizes
• Service and Equipment Grounding Sizes
• Electrical Unit conversion
• Parallel Resistance
• Circular MILs Wire
• NEMA starter size
• NEC® references for calculations
Description of Calculations
• Convert between Amps, Watts, Volts, VA, kVA, kW, PF%, Efficiency%, and DC Resistance.
• Ohm's Law Calculations: enter any two values (ohms, volts, or amps) to solve for the third.
• Calculate required wire size per NEC® tables 310-16 and 310-17; Copper or Aluminum, 3ø or 1ø, 60°C, 75°C, 90°C insulation ratings and 100% or 125% of ampacity. Adjust wire sizes for ambient temperatures other than 30°C and for more than three wires in a raceway.
• Calculate Voltage drop: Find minimum VD wire size, maximum length for any given wire size to stay within specified VD, drop percentage, actual number and percentage of Volts dropped.
• Conduit sizing for 12 types of conduit per NEC®: Find recommended size of conduit for combinations of #THW, #XHHW, and #THHN wires. Also calculates fill percentages, conduit cross-sectional areas, remaining areas and more.
• Find Motor Full-Load current per current NEC®: Works in 1ø or 3ø, synchronous and DC motors per NEC® 430-247, 430-248, and 430-250.
• Calculate Fuse and Breaker Sizes per NEC® 430-52.
• Parallel and derated wire sizing
• Calculate parallel resistance
• NEC Table number displays when performing wire size calculations
• Sizes overload protection per NEC® 430-32.
• Finds NEMA starter sizes per ICS 2-1988 (Tables 2-327-1 and 2-327-2).
• Calculates service and equipment grounding conductor sizes per NEC® 250-122 and 250-66.
• Convert between BTU and Kilowatts per Hour
• Circular MILs calculated for wire sizes
• Works as a standard math or electric calculator
• Quick and easy updates to future NEC® code revisions
Visit our website: http://www.cyberprodigy.com/electricalcalcelite/ for more information including our detailed user's manual.
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at email@example.com so we can make things right before posting any negative reviews. We are also open to any suggestions you may have for future enhancements to this electric calculator.
Electrical Calc Elite™ is not associated with ElectriCalc® Pro and Cyberprodigy LLC is not affiliated with Calculated Industries, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.5
NEC 2014 upgrade now available as an in-app purchase.
This is not intuitive - it works but you have to have the manual in front of you to be able to get the right key strokes to make it work. Not worth the money in my opinion. For $20, you should be able to come up with something not so cryptic. I will use it for derating because I have not found anything better but there are much better apps out there for sizing conduit and voltage drop in my opinion.
This app is by far the best electrical tool I have ever used. It is current to the NEC standards and even lets me set to whatever NEC year standards I want to calculate by. The large help manual is very useful and I love that I don't have to carry around an extra physical calculator with me.
By far the best app available for electricians. Handy little tool, use it all the time. Once you get familiar with the buttons it's quick
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cyberprodigy LLC
- © Cyberprodigy LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Electrical Calc Elite - NEC 2014 Upgrade$4.99