By Tien Thinh Vu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ElectricDesign is graphical environment for creating electrical circuit plans, wiring diagrams via an intuitive user interface and electrically intelligent symbols in 2D.
Main Functions of the application:
- Pre-Defined electrical objects:
There are many predefined nice electrical, circuit objects for you to add to the design
- Add custom items to Template list:
Right click on a group of objects then select "Add to template list" to save them so that you can reuse it later.
Use this function to create your own interior item from many basic shapes.
- Basic shape :
There are many shapes to add to the design, including text box, round box, line connector, callouts....
- Over 3000 Beautiful Symbols:
More than that, there are over 3000 beautiful symbols to add the view.
Please press the "Smile icon" button on the left to add and select any symbol you want.
- Drag/Drop Image from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard):
The application allows users to drag/drop many image files directly from Finder to current editing window.
- Customizable shape:
Drag (create new) custom object into the draw view, double click on it to edit shape
- Customizable Color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
What's New in Version 1.2
- allow to distribute shapes (same space between multiple shapes)
- add short cut key : CMD+B, CMD+I to change text to Bold or Italic
- add short cut key : CMD+9, CMD+0 to increase/decrease line size
- press Cmd+Shift+T to move, resize group of items temporary
- support Find function to search for text
- allow to show/hide “More shapes” window
- add support to show Ruler
- add Zoom change slider
- fix bugs
I would have given the app 5 stars if it had a “search” feature for the ‘More’ shapes tool. Having to scroll through hundreds of shapes when you want to find one seems absurd when first getting used to the program. But I got used to it after a while, and the ability to make my own objects and add them to a ‘favorites’ list made things much easier over time.
I know there were a few other very minor annoyances—but so minor that I can’t remember what they were at the moment :-) No trouble with installation, no crashes—everything worked as or better than expected, including printing.
All in all, I had no trouble figuring out how to use the app, and used it successfully to create detailed schematics for the high-end electrical makeover of a customer’s 1991 VW Vanagon Westfalia Syncro (4WD) camper van. It’s so often the case that people get electrical work done on their campers without any documentation, leaving the poor sucker that has to diagnose it later seething in frustration; so It was great to be able to provide a pro-quality schematic along with the $15K worth of marine-grade electrical and electronic make-overs that I did over a three week period. Thanks E.D.!!! Great work!
Great app! Highly recommended!
This app is the perfect tool for drawing schematics. It has a large library of component symbols, so creating complex circuits is just as easy as drap and drop. I use it day to day to draw black box circuit diagrams for my ee/cpe classes, and the resulting diagram is very professional looking.
The only problem is that sometimes it crashes for no reason, but it does not create any issues beside being annoying, because the app is able to restore your lastest work when you restart it, even if you have not saved it. So, nothing is lost.
Highly recommended. If the crashing bug is fixed, it would be perfect!!!
I purchased this app to implement quick schematics for presentations and papers. This app is a lot like Visio. It has a large library of graphics which can be placed and then connected together. It is relatively easy to use right out of the box. It is well worth the price. It is relatively painless to build new symbols.
The app has a few minor issues including mangled and inconsistent PNP and NPN symbols (I was able to quickly make my own). It is short on arrow types. Nevertheless, for the money, this is a good visio replacement.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: May 15, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tien Thinh Vu
- © 2013 Vu Tien Thinh
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later