By Sam Virgillo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Electrician’s Helper will take the hassle out of looking up electrical codes and doing complex calculations for installations.
With Electrician’s Helper you can...
● Calculate voltage, current and power in 3 phase delta and wye circuits.
● Find the ampacity of a conductor as per the NEC and CEC tables.
● Calculate the voltage drop in a line based on length, size, current and temperature.
● Find the total box fill by entering the size and number of conductors, straps and clamps.
● Find the maximum number of conductors allowed in a particular size raceway based on NEC and CEC rules.
● Determine what size raceway is needed for a bundle of conductors.
● Find the maximum bend radius of a conduit.
● Find the maximum capacitor kvar for a motor and the current reduction obtained.
● Find the motor current, heater current, breaker required, wire size, starter and conduit size for a particular 3 phase motor.
● Find the full load current of an induction, squirrel cage, and synchronous motor.
● Find the locked rotor current of a single or 3 phase motor.
● Estimate the Maximum Pull Tension.
● Calculate voltage, current and kVA of single and three phase transformers.
● Do basic ohm’s law calculations.
● Find decimal equivalents of fractions.
● Convert temperature scales.
● Look up connector configurations.
● Look up NEC tables 310.60(C)(67-84)
Tested with iOS 6.0 thru iOS 9.0
Please note that this is a calculator for codes used in the NEC and CEC. It does not replace the code book.
What's New in Version 1.8.0
Fixed crash problem with upgrade to iOS9
Great app worth the $$
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 1.8.0
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Sam Virgillo
- © 2015 Carry-On Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.