Electrician’s Helper will take the hassle out of looking up electrical codes and doing complex calculations for installations.
With Electrician’s Helper you can...
● Calculate voltage, current and power in 3 phase delta and wye circuits.
● Find the ampacity of a conductor as per the NEC and CEC tables.
● Calculate the voltage drop in a line based on length, size, current and temperature.
● Find the total box fill by entering the size and number of conductors, straps and clamps.
● Find the maximum number of conductors allowed in a particular size raceway based on NEC and CEC rules.
● Determine what size raceway is needed for a bundle of conductors.
● Find the maximum bend radius of a conduit.
● Find the maximum capacitor kvar for a motor and the current reduction obtained.
● Find the motor current, heater current, breaker required, wire size, starter and conduit size for a particular 3 phase motor.
● Find the full load current of an induction, squirrel cage, and synchronous motor.
● Find the locked rotor current of a single or 3 phase motor.
● Estimate the Maximum Pull Tension.
● Calculate voltage, current and kVA of single and three phase transformers.
● Do basic ohm’s law calculations.
● Find decimal equivalents of fractions.
● Convert temperature scales.
● Look up connector configurations.
● Look up NEC tables 310.60(C)(67-84)
Tested with iOS 9.0 thru iOS 12
Please note that this is a calculator for codes used in the NEC and CEC. It is not a replacement for the code books.
Added metric measurement option.
Added length conversion calculator.
Ratings and Reviews
I have this app it’s totally helpful, I use it all the time.
I like it
If you know what your doing this app is great. It can use a few minor improvements that I'm sure will come. It helps me do some quick calculations easy, and that's what technology's all about. I have about 10 electricians that work for me, and I will recommend it to all of them with I phone's. Quicker calculating and less mistakes. means more $ in my pocket, in return More $ in the journeymans pocket. ;) worth every penny. Ps. This is the 2nd app I ever wrote a review on. I phone user since the beginning. Thanks for your hard work on the app!!
Florida electrical contractor
Conduit Fill Calculator Complaint
The conduit fill calculator complaint needs an option to change the wire size diameter and inner conduit diameter (and maybe an extra option for insulation) rather than using standard sizes; otherwise this calculator should not be used in the field...for example, I needed to see how many 12 Ga. XHHW-2 wires (Kris-Tek) will fit in 3/4", 1", 11/2", and 2" PVC coated galvanized conduit (O-Cal) and found this program says 12 wires in 3/4" is 40% fill...hand calculation shows max 10 wires in 3/4"...which means we would have built the conduit system against NEC requirements and if an inspector caught it, they would make you run an extra pipe which equals more cost to the contractor! Please fix this!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.