By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Electroacoustics Toolbox is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform. It brings powerful new tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. It enables precise measurements of acoustic quantities, such as equivalent and time-weighted sound levels, as well as acoustic and electroacoustic systems, such as listening rooms and loudspeakers. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
- Frequency response magnitude and phase
- Impulse response
- Auto and cross correlation
- Time delay (latency)
- Group delay
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD, THD+N)
- Crest factor and rms, peak, and peak-to-peak signal levels
- Signal mean, variance, and standard deviation values
- Flat, A, and C-weighted equivalent (Leq), time-weighted (Lp), and percentile-exceeded (Lx) sound levels
- And more!
- Dual FFT Analyzer (TF/IR analyzer)
- FFT Analyzer
- Meter Bridge
- Octave Analyzer (RTA)
- Signal Generator
- Sound Level Meter
- X/Y Plotter
Available via in-app purchase:
- Room Analyzer tool for estimating room acoustics parameters from impulse response data (T20, T30, T60, EDT, Clarity, Definition, Center Time).
- Noise Dosimeter tool for measuring noise dose with various threshold and criterion levels, with 3, 4, and 5 dB exchange rates.
Electroacoustics Toolbox is a project-based application, which allows you to configure and save project files. Projects may contain one or more tools available in the toolbox, along with any captured data associated with those tools. Electroacoustics Toolbox allows for the creation of an arbitrary number of tools of a certain type, or tools of different types. For example, a project may contain an oscilloscope, two FFT analyzers, and two signal generators. The oscilloscope and FFT analyzers may each simultaneously analyze multiple input channels of a single device. However, there is no requirement that all tools must work with the same device.
The Toolbox also offers advanced capabilities for configuring input and output device parameters and assigning labels, units, and transducer sensitivities to individual input and output channels.
Electroacoustics Toolbox Features
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input and output devices
- Whole device and individual channel sensitivity (level) calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text or MAT-files for easy import into other applications
- Work with multiple independent audio devices simultaneously
- No arbitrary limits on how many devices or channels are used, or on sample rates or signal formats--these are limited only by your hardware
- AppleScript support for measurement automation and remote control
What's New in Version 3.8.2
- A bug that could prevent Dual FFT Analyzer data from being properly exported with the “Export All” command has been fixed.
- A bug that could prevent the I/O Device buffer size from being set to values of 1,000 or more has been fixed.
- A bug in the overlap processing in the Dual FFT Analyzer tool has been fixed.
- A bug in the Spectrogram tool that could potentially crash the app has been fixed.
- Electroacoustics Toolbox directly supports the miniDSP UMIK-1 and Dayton UMM-6 USB measurement microphones. Sensitivity calibration data for these mics can be downloaded automatically, just by entering the mic’s serial number. Making calibrated sound level measurements is as easy as plugging in the UMIK-1 or UMM-6, typing in its serial number, and getting started with the analysis tool of your choice (the serial number only needs to be entered once, after which the app will remember the microphone sensitivity). An internet connection is required to download sensitivity information for the microphone.
- Electroacoustics Toolbox directly supports the Digiducer 333D01 USB digital accelerometer, and can automatically load serial number and sensitivity calibration information directly from the device. Making calibrated acceleration measurements is as easy as plugging in the 333D01 and getting started with the analysis tool of your choice.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 22, 2015
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Faber Acoustical, LLC
- © 2015 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Room Acoustics Analyzer$99.99
- Noise Dosimeter Tool$29.99