This app on Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is aimed at patients and professionals alike. For patients it aims to demystify ECT and thereby address the stigma that exists around the treatment. For professionals it is a training tool for ECT prescribers, psychiatry trainees and mental health nurses. ECT is a specialised treatment used in psychiatry practice mainly for depression.
App content is presented in multimedia formats; video, text and audio and is pre-packaged for use as an offline phone or tablet app. The information within the videos is delivered by clinical professionals who give accounts of their roles, responsibilities and finer details around the ECT procedure from start to finish, both from a patient experience and professional performance perspective.
A patient has also given an account of her own experience of ECT, of how her attitudes to the treatment have changed over time and how ECT has helped to lift her out of severe depression.
Note: The app is approximately 120Mb to download so using WiFi is recommended to avoid data charges.
- LEICESTERSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST
- 103.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and NHS Leicestershire Health Informatics Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.