electronic Common Prayer, Version 2.1 (eCP) is a brand new update to the first, fully authorized, interactive version of the Book of Common Prayer 1979 of the Episcopal Church USA, with an interactive calendar extended to March 31, 2020.
Created by Church Publishing, Inc. (http://www.churchpublishing.org), eCP for iOS is built to run on all iOS devices
For those who want the most commonly used worship services and devotional content of the BCP along with the full lectionary texts in one app, look no further. eCP offers the following features:
* An interactive Calendar with complete access to Years A, B, & C of the RCL for Sundays and Holy Days, the Daily Office and Lesser Feasts and Fasts lectionary texts in the NRSV
* Feast pages include title and color in addition to presenting multiple feasts in order of precedence
* Easy navigation through content using a simple forward/back interface.
* Most commonly used services from the 1979 BCP, fully hyperlinked to lessons, Collects of the Day, and Psalms
* The complete Daily Office with readings and Psalms for each day in both Years 1 and 2
* Fully searchable content and Indexes for Psalms, Canticles, Collects, Prefaces, and Prayers & Thanksgivings. Search for text within title or content
* Canticles are supplemented with all of the alternatives from Enriching Our Worship.
* Swipe left/right navigation through Services, Psalms and other indexed material
* Psalm options for the Daily Office include both Psalms Appointed and the Thirty Day Psalter
*Bookmarking of content for easy access throughout the app.
*The ability to email content from within the app.
eCP requires NO INTERNET connection, as all texts are stored locally on your device, allowing you access to these texts no matter where you go.
eCP is perfect for personal devotion with the Daily Office and the variety of prayers from the Book of Common Prayer. Quick access to all of the lectionary texts is ideal for clergy or liturgy planners, or for pastoral care such as Ministration to the Sick or Reconciliation of a Penitent when on the road.
Planned updates include the addition of material from the Book of Occasional Services and Enriching Our Worship, Liturgical rites for same sex blessings, and other liturgical resources as approved for use by the General Convention. More than just an app, eCP is a framework for delivering content to our customers.
Whether lay or ordained, eCP offers the content of the Book of Common Prayer in a way that supports your devotion in a perfect mobile format for a busy world.
- Update content
- Fix issues
Ratings and Reviews
I love E Common Prayer, but I do have one major complaint
You have done a beautiful job on this app, and I really like the incorporation of the lessons for Holy Women, Holy Men. What I don’t understand is why there was no attempt at putting in the short one page bios that are given in that book. This would be a super app if you added that feature.
Got this app today because my other prayer book app no longer works on my updated iPhone. Specifically, I got it to read through the office of Confession, which does not seem to be included, along with the omission of the Catechism. So I am disappointed. All the other stuff I looked at seemed ok, it just doesn’t look like the BCP. I suppose I’ll get used to it if I actually use it.
A great digital copy of the BCP
I use this app daily. It is a HUGE help on Sunday mornings. I do wish that Prayer Book page numbers were included (not necessarily paginated, but just referenced) so that when page numbers are given in services it is easy to know I am in the right place.
- Church Publishing Inc. (NY)
- 48.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Church Publishing, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Enriching Our Worship 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.