EleMints: Periodic Table
By Mochi Development, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EleMints is a revolutionary periodic table for the science geek in all of us. Boasting phenomenal retina graphics and features such as element properties, a molar mass calculator, a plot graph and much more, EleMints will inspire you to bring out your inner mad scientist.
EleMints is structured within five sections, easily accessible from the bottom of the screen:
• The Periodic Table can be shaded according to a particular property and zoomed for more information as desired.
• The Graph displays property trends in a simple yet functional fashion, be it across a period or down a group.
• The Listing organizes elements by a property of your choosing.
• The Articles Library contains various topics on chemistry from the nucleus to the physical properties themselves.
• The Tools, such as an intelligent live-calculating Molar Mass Calculator, or the Chemical Equation Balancer, will help you solve problems and exercises even faster.
The properties inspector gives a comprehensive view of an element’s properties and values including simple definitions and an electron diagram with sub-shells to boot.
EleMints supports many properties and is constantly being updated with more for improved accuracy and efficiency. Some examples include:
• Melting/Boiling Points
• Physical State
• Oxidation States
• Crystal Structure
• Atomic Weight
• Atomic Radii
• Ionization/Binding Energies
• Electron Diagrams
• and more…
Have a suggestion? We’d be delighted to hear from you for any topic whether it be finding an error in the data or requesting a new property, any idea is welcomed. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use EleMints as the subject line) - If you do not receive a response within a week, please retry as the cat might have deleted your email without our knowledge.
What's New in Version 2.4
• Fix Articles never loading
• Brand new sorting functionality for the Listing tab
• Improvements to the display of electron diagram and isotopes in Inspector
• Don't cut off data in Inspector on iPad
• More consistant Inspector behavior on iPad
• Don't crash when an Article fails to load
• Properly position element popup
• Improvements to the About Page
• Mark Polonium as a metal
• Corrects numerous Isotope inaccuracies
• Correct spelling of Strontium in articles
• 64-bit support for devices that support it
If you enjoy using EleMints, we would love to read your review!
This app is so scary good, I almost like it better than some of the games on my iPad. The UI is clean and adjustable to your needs, and there are *many* sorting options available. Just about the only things it is missing are 1) orbital diagrams per element, 2) rotatable 3D models of each atom, 3) solubility, and 4) relative molar mass in calculations. All of these features I found in Chemio (there is even a slider for electron configurations).
Besides these features, providing a short tutorial on how to use the formula calculator to solve equations would be great. To be honest, I still don't know how to use it besides finding one molecule's molar mass....
Furthermore, putting a small button that would allow you to hide the element's information (on a tablet at least) would be a fantastic feature. Sometimes the periodic table is still too small, even after zooming; and viewing the lists for quick comparisons between elements would be more convenient without all the scrolling from side to side.
However, this app is still astoundingly helpful. It is chock full of information, and is definitely a boon to any aspiring, studying, or current chemists out there!
Incredible little app
If you have any interest in chemistry whatsoever, download this app. It has everything you might ever need to know about the chemical elements, organized in a beautiful and usable fashion. If you've ever taken a chemistry class, expect to spend a while just playing with the different views and browsing all the information. It's crazy to think of a periodic table app as fun, but this one is.
There are a couple of minor UI glitches (the zoom could go in farther and the pull-down legend sometimes doesn't show up properly until you mess with it), but nothing serious to impair the 5-star rating.
I already had a periodic table app, but when I saw this one had a chemical equation balancer I downloaded it immediately. This feature is a gift from the chemistry gods. I easily would've paid twice as much just for the balancer alone. Only thing I would change is that when you type a long reaction to balance, sometimes the whole thing won't fit on the line so it runs off the screen and there's no way to scroll to see the rest of the equation. Otherwise, it's probably the most useful education app that I've ever installed, I love it for my AP Chemistry class.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 12, 2014
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mochi Development, Inc.
- © 2008-14 Mochi Development, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.