Elevation Chart is a tool used to get the elevation of any place on the surface of the Earth. You’re able to place a pin anywhere on the map to view it’s elevation in feet or meters along with its longitude, latitude, and address. You can also place two pins on the map to see the elevation profile and walking distance between the two points.
• #1 in Mexico and other 5 countries, #2 in United States, and top 10 in 12 countries (iPad Navigation)
===== Features =====
• Show the elevations between two points in profile view, more visualization!
• One tap to show the elevation of your current location
• Get elevation of any place on earth by: 1) touching the location on the map; 2) search by address/name
• Show Walking Distance between two points if available
• Show Ellipsoidal Distance (according to Vincenty's formula) as label of x-axis
• Show elevation in feet or meters
• Work on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
===== Known Issues =====
- In some situations, the Walking Distance which get from maps.googleapis.com is obviously wrong, compare to the Ellipsoidal Distance.
- Limitations of elevation query: 2,500 requests per day; 50 requests per second.
===== Requirements =====
===== Video Tutorial =====
Pick one of the following:
- Compatible with iOS 8, 9, 10+
- Fix crashes, and list view of search result
- Fix minor issues of user interface
Ratings and Reviews
The query limitation makes the app extremely frustrating to use. It’s hard to imagine how one could exceed 50 requests per second. Nevertheless, error messages continuously pop up, which makes this app useless. The elevation profile is a great idea, but you can’t very well use it when you’re constantly being told to wait for 60 seconds.
Extremely helpful in understanding why certain areas are flooding and others are not during hurricane Harvey.
Great asset when looking for a home in an area that could flood.
Also using for Hurricane Harvey
I am not sure where the data is coming from but it seems to correlate with areas that flooded and did not flood.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.