By Ripside LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore your planet like you never imagined! A quick and fun way to learn about our Earth's terrain from the depths of the oceans to the highest elevations.
⁃Manipulate a 3D exaggerated terrain model of the Earth and control the water level and coloring of land and sea.
⁃Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Earth view.
⁃Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
⁃Tour over 300 different elevation relevant locations, from highest and lowest points to islands, cities and shipwrecks.
⁃Display labels for countries, U.S. states, and Canadian provinces.
⁃Use the exaggeration slider to increase or decrease the difference between the high and low points on the Earth. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale. Ability to view elevations inverted with a negative elevation scale.
⁃Select to use fixed or variable (dependent on zoom) exaggeration for a smoother viewing experience.
⁃See for yourself, how the oceans are deeper than the highest mountains are tall.
⁃Use the info window to display the amount of water area and volume on the Earth and watch it change dynamically as you alter the sea level.
⁃Adjust the sea level and amount of water on the Earth, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
⁃North and South Pole axis lines help to keep better track of your orientation.
⁃Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Earth.
⁃Use the color slider to pick from a huge range of colors for each scheme.
⁃Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook etc.
⁃Discover the highest mountains from the center of the earth as well as those above sea level.
⁃See cities for each continent from the highest to the lowest above sea level
⁃Show how the Earth would look with just the water from the individual oceans. Select individual oceans and distribute their water across the globe and see the theoretical new sea level.
⁃Direct link to Wikipedia information about the current location.
⁃View a number of different global warming scenarios past, present and future, or simply create your own.
⁃Help documentation included in app.
What's New in Version 2.3
- Displaying labels for countries, U.S. states, and Canadian provinces.
- Showing North and South Pole axis lines to keep better track of your orientation.
- Adjust the colors used at different elevations using a slider.
- Added new coloring option to easily see elevation contours.
- Control the elevation scale using a slider with more options and the ability to view elevations inverted with a negative elevation scale.
- Allow elevation scale to automatically adjust based on your zoom level, or keep it fixed to get an accurate view of the relative heights of geographic features
- Water level can be adjusted with a precision greater than the feet/meters displayed.
- Performance improvements
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 29, 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ripside LLC
- © Ripside LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.