ElkNut is the cutting edge of elk calling and hunting technology. With thirty years of elk hunting experience, Paul Medel and his company, ElkNut Outdoor Productions, author of myriad elk hunting books, articles, movies, CDs, and blogs, has raised elk calling training to the next level with ElkNut though his partnership with Got Game Technologies. Together, they have taken what he has learned in three decades of 100 percent elk hunting success on over the counter, do it yourself hunts, and put it together in one easy to use, accessible, and understandable location: ElkNut.
ElkNut helps you become a better elk caller and hunter through:
- Video content teaching you how to choose a mouth reed from the many options on the market place to make the most realistic elk sounds.
- Video content offering guidance on mouth reed placement with specific instruction for both bull and cow elk sounds.
- Featuring twenty one of the most common and most important bull and cow elk sounds, including:
- Location Bugle
- Challenge Bugle
- Nervous Grunt
- Advertising Bugle
- Round Up Bugle
- Lip Bawl Bugle
- Social Cow/Calf Talk
- Contact Buzz
- Bulls Panting
- Separated/Lost Cow
- Whines Going to Bull
- Nervous Grunt/Round Up Bugle
- Cow Bugles
- Alarm Barks
- Retreating Cow Mews
- Pleading Cow/Calf Mews
- Regathering Mews
- Four included Sequences:
- Blind/Cold Calling Sequence
- Advertising Sequence
- Breeding Sequence
- Creative Cow Calling
- Five included Tactics:
- Four Estrus Cycles
- Utilizing a Full Moon
- Wallows, Waterholes and Mineral Licks
- Tips for New Hunters
- ElkNut Nuggets
- Audio content of both the ElkNut and real elk making each sound so you can practice and measure your progress.
- Incorporating microphone on device so you can record yourself making the sound and compare to the real elk and ElkNut audio.
- Video instruction demonstrating how to make each sound, with technical details that only an expert can teach you. Downloadable so you can take these videos with you on the hunt!
- Hunting tips categorized by elk sound with tried and true pointers that will help you know what these sounds mean to other elk, when to use them in the field, and how an elk will respond to it when you do.
- Special quick action tips that are readily accessible at a moment's notice to figure out what sounds you've been hearing from elk in the field.
- Highly effective Pro Tips that provide insight only gained from years and years hunting elk that help you give yourself the best chance to find and harvest the elk of your dreams.
- Links to resources where you can find the elk hunting products you need to be successful.
Added new “ElkNut Nuggets” Tactic, which includes ten unique elk hunting tactics straight from the ElkNut, including:
- Bugling Bulls Moving Away
- Those Advertising Bugles
- Bugling Too Aggressively
- Herd Bull Tactics - Herd Bull with a Hot Cow
- Calling Before Daylight
- Two-Man Call and Stalk
- Opening the Corridor
- When Bulls Cow Call
- Understanding Emotion in Elk Calling
- The Slow Play
Ratings and Reviews
I just want to say how impressed I am with, not just Paul’s knowledge and experience, but with his willingness to help hunters learn how to become students of elk hunting. For $4.99 this app is a no brainer for any elk hunter wanting to become better at their craft. Elk hunting has never made more sense to me. I successfully called in a bull for a buddy in 2016 and it was really cool, but other than knowing how to cow call well I was clueless on what the bull was actually saying when he hung up at 184 yards in an open meadow. He kept nervous grunting and I was fascinated by the sound, but didn’t understand it. Now I understand what he was saying and why he hung up. I love the sequences, tactics, tips sections, videos, ability to record myself and compare my sounds to real elk and ElkNut sounds. To put it simply there is nothing else like this anywhere out there. It’s is cutting edge and worth it’s weight in gold to all elk hunters, even seasoned guys. Ever since I heard Paul’s podcasts I’ve been hooked. You guys rock. I wish it was fall right now!!! Your willingness to help people is very admirable. Get this app, you won’t be sorry!
Thank you for the great review, B. Tuft! We appreciate your support and wish you all the best this elk season. You can be sure we'll keep adding more great content to the app going forward!
You can’t get this kind of information at your fingertips anywhere else for $5. If you’re paying $6 for a Mountain House, do yourself the favor and get this App. I can’t believe how much information and now even interactive ability there is. Including recording yourself calling to see how you really sound in comparison, rather than how you “think” you sound. I always worry I don’t sound that good, you know what I mean, you make a call and think, boy, I am just not sure. Now you know. Take your phone out in the woods for a walk if you can. Set it a few feet away so you get that woodsy echo and make it real!
Thanks for making an amazing app. This is the most important tool you can use. Nothing else compares. If you can make it there because you’re conditioned, and you have the hunting implement tuned and are accurate, and you can sleep in the outdoors, and have your food down pat and are ready, it all means nothing if you can’t call. You’re just on a camping trip.
Do yourself the favor. Buy it. Guaranteed you’ll never regret it.
Wow! Love the great review! Thank you so much and best of luck this hunting season!
Game Changer No better calling app available
Thanks Paul! I first found you on the Rich Outdoors podcast and was blown away with your knowledge of calling. And to have all your years of experience wrapped into $4.99 is a steal. I was able to get more close encounters this season than ever before, all because of the app and what you have shared. I love the ease of access to the elk sounds and the sequences and to have it all on your phone even when you are not in cell service is priceless.
Again thanks for what you have put together this app will change elk hunting and calling.
Thanks so much for the kind words! Stay tuned, the app is going to get even better in 2018!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.