ELMOJI by COJI
This app requires ELMOJI toy. Product sold by WowWee. Learn more at www.wowwee.com/elmoji
Elmoji is the new early learning robot that introduces children to pre-coding skills using the "language" of visual Emojis featuring Elmo and his friends. The app’s intuitive, age-appropriate design makes it easy to interact with the robot while playing games.
Your junior coder will laugh along with Elmo and his friends as they play a variety of educational games that introduce precoding concepts such as commands and sequences and use the app to control ELMOJI's actions - including movement, sounds, Elmo phrases - by selecting smiley faces and other emojis. Parents will appreciate the emphasis on teaching problem-solving skills, while playing memory games, making music, and so much more” (could also say critical thinking skills instead of problem solving).
ELMOJI is also a lot of fun without the app! He responds with as you move him around and play with him. He can even replay and dance along to songs you created on the app.
The ELMOJI app features Elmo and friends in multiple educational game modes:
- Free Play with Abby
Child “programs” ELMOJI by texting him emoji commands to follow.
ELMOJI shows emojis on screen and prompts child to repeat the same sequence of emojis.
- Mystery Maze with Cookie Monster, Oscar and Super Grover 2.0
Child selects arrow commands to move the character towards last box in the maze.
- Music Maker with Big Bird
Child creates creative music compositions as ELMOJI dances along.
- Drive Mode
Command ELMOJI to move around and react with classic Elmo phrases and animations.
Supported iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
3 stars. Buggy but has potential.
This isn't a bad toy. It's just a little buggy. Good thing the Elmoji also runs the Coji app as the Coji platform is better developed. Elmoji is fun for ages 3-4 and Coji for 4-5...
I just sent the following to their support:
With the Elmoji app for iPad version 1.0.1 there is a big error. The right and left commands are mismapped, they are backwards!!!! When you tell Elmoji to go right, it turns left and vice versa! This bug is present in both the "Drive Mode" and "Freeplay" activities.
Please fix asap.
Also the timing should be adjusted in "Memory Match". Sometimes the app hangs for many seconds between and while answering questions.
This app and its accompanying device are horrible. The app does nothing when I open it, it won’t connect to my device, the device doesn’t even match the pictures. I’ve contacted their support and they literally told me nothing helpful and just regurgitated the same stuff that was on their website.
Doesn’t even work
I opened the app on my iPad and the screen is blank. I can’t go forward or backward on the page once I open the app. Complete waste of time. I can only open and connect with the device on my Samsung so perhaps it’s just not compatible with iPhone devices.
- WowWee Group Limited
- 45.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- TM & © 2017 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved, © 2017 WOWWEE GROUP LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.