By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an audio storybook app, which will help teach your child about the people and places in the Sesame Street neighborhood as you enjoy storytime together.
Now you can enjoy the beloved “Where is the Puppy” Book series from Sesame Workshop on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad! When Elmo sees a little black puppy on Sesame Street, he wants to find it a home – but first he has to catch it! Come with Elmo as he explores Sesame Street, meeting old friends, learning about the neighborhood, and looking for the little lost puppy.
Today is Elmo’s birthday! Elmo knows just what to wish for - the little lost puppy!
Elmo’s Mommy and Daddy want to give the puppy to Elmo as a birthday present, but where could the puppy be? Will Elmo ever get his wish?
• Fully illustrated, original Sesame Street story featuring everybody’s favorite little red monster—Elmo!
• Narration: Listen to Chris from Sesame Street read the story aloud.
• Record your own Audio Books: Makes it easy to personalize your book by recording your own voice reading the story. Features an intuitive interface that makes the recording process a snap—perfect for kids and grownups! Record up to 10 individual tracks. (**Record feature requires iPhone, 2nd generation iPod touch or iPad)
• Coloring book: Six pages ready for you to color! With the ability to save your creations, everyone can make their own masterpieces.
• Elmo’s Everyday Words and Big Bird’s Big Ideas: Chris defines the new vocabulary from the book.
• Progressive Page Flow: Move along each illustration in tandem with the story.
• Visual Index: Jump easily back and forth to your favorite part of the story, or resume reading where you left off.
• Parents: Store lock gives you control over the purchase of new apps.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children’s media with the landmark Sesame Street. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org.
• ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader and Iceberg Kids, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
• Iceberg Kids, Iceberg Kids revolutionizes the children’s book experience, bringing the magic and wonder of reading to an exciting new digital space. The perfect answer to bedtime, long car rides or learning to read.
• If you have any technical problems please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a comment.
What's New in Version 1.05
Upgraded with more activities and universal compatibility! Enjoy the full set of features on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. New features include:
* Record more audio tracks! Now family and friends can record themselves reading along on up to 10 individual tracks. Save for future playback.
* Coloring book: Six pages ready for you to color! With the ability to save your creations, everyone can make their own masterpieces.
* Parents: Store lock gives you control over the purchase of new apps.
* Improved menus and navigation.
It is 2015 now and GREAT
I've really just used the auto play feature but no problems at all. Well told concise toddler interest and attention span story. They love it. Library didn't have Elmo bday for Feb. So I decided to just go with this. BEST FEATURES uses book photos seamlessly and will zoom in a bit to focus on text being read, ie papa speaks, present from whom,etc.. can Change to larger font size, highlights each word as read, also has cool vocabulary section at end says word from story and sentence has picture from story showing it and asks have you ever seen/been..." The kids are used to piling on my lap for library book story times so it didn't bother them that "Elmo wasn't speaking" and they're used to pages sticking, dropped books etc. technology doesn't cure everything. 😉 I'll try out the read myself, but don't expect issues at this point. Either way worth the couple bucks! You can also record your own voice if you wish. 😃and really, it's nice to have a break from Elmo speaking...the talking phone is enough! 😀
Terrible updates - bring back green arrow
Hate the "turn pages myself" option too difficult for kids to swipe screen just once. If they aren't accurate the program skips pages. The green arrow was much easier. Bring back the arrow. I won't be updating this app on the iPad because the new version is terrible.
Terrible! Waste of money! App does not work freezes up! A big rip off!
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 03, 2011
- Version: 1.05
- Size: 62.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- © 2009 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved., © 2009 ScrollMotion, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.