Modern email apps compromise on security or features. Canary does not.
Some of your most important info is shared via email, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into our app. This ensures only you and the person you're communicating with can read what is sent, and nobody in between, not even your provider.
All of this happens automatically: no need to turn on settings or set up special secret keys to secure your emails.
Welcome to secure, effortless, email.
**ENCRYPTION ON DEMAND**
With Canary's one-click encryption, you can effortlessly enhance your email security. The email is encrypted on your device and decrypted on your recipient's device. It will be unreadable on your provider's web interface, or by anyone else on any other app!
• Automatic: Automate the key exchange to focus on crunching emails, without worrying about security.
• Manual: Advanced PGP users can manage their own keys and exchange encrypted emails with anyone.
**FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT**
With natural language search, smart filters, algorithmic bulk cleaner, and intelligent typography enhancements, Canary helps you easily find and act on what's important, and get rid of what's not!
• Focused Inbox:Canary learns which emails are important to you and highlights them for easy access. Intelligent typography enchancements ensure optimum readability.
• Natural Language Search: Search for photos from dad, receipts this month, or unread newsletters. Canary understands what you're looking for and finds it first time, everytime.
• Smart Filters: Quickly isolate unread emails, or emails with attachments. Check if you've missed replying via the unanswered filter. Gmail users can also access their Inbox tabs / categories.
• Bulk Cleaner: Canary's adaptive algorithms learn which emails are likely to be unimportant. Tap on the magic wand and scroll to automatically find, select, and then delete unwanted emails.
Don't pay a monthly fee for features you want and need. With Canary, you always have full access!
• Read Notifications: Get notified when your emails are read.
• Snooze: Deal with emails at your convenience.
• Email Templates: Avoid repetition. Save and re-use frequently sent emails.
• One-Click Unsubscribe: No need to look for pesky unsubscribe links.
Email plays a central role when it comes to files, events, and tasks.
So we made sure Canary plays nice with your favorite apps!
• Google Drive
• Google Calendar
• Keybase & MIT
**USE YOUR FAVORITE EMAIL PROVIDER**
Get all of Canary's powerful features and cutting-edge encryption technology with your existing email account(s). Just add your account(s) and go!
• Office 365
• Custom IMAP
• Exchange (if IMAP is enabled on server)
This update brings improved search and faster email sync for Gmail, iCloud, Office365 & Exchange.
Ratings and Reviews
Searching for Newton alternative
I’m very picky about email apps and Newton has spoiled me for the past three years. When they told us they’re closing shop, I went through more than a dozen third party email apps to find one that suits my preferences. I am a firm believer that premium features are worth paying for if done it’s done right.
Canary, though relatively new, has a lot of key features all email apps should have: color coded email by account, email tracking, and EXCELLENT tech support just to name a few.
Though not quite up to Newton standards, this app seems promising and I look forward to future features and releases. There are small nuisances like the inability to sort accounts after you create them, and the ability to pick notification sounds but these are trivial next to the functionality and the security provided by Canary. It’s also a bit slower to load emails than Newton. But for now, it seems I will stick by Canary and see what it becomes!
Good, but has annoying quirks
I downloaded the desktop and iPad versions of this app almost a year ago. I wasn’t happy about paying $10 for each, but I needed a solution that allowed me to save & use templates across devices, and I really liked the open tracking.
I’ve since deleted this app from my desktop & iPad roughly 5-6 times...only to reinstall it. Why? It has quirks. It’s like that slightly racist grandmother that’s given you fond memories of cookies and milk...and racial slurs. For starters, the iPad & iPhone doesn’t save your signature. You can create it, and save it; however, they forget that you saved it as soon as you close the app. It’s Uber annoying to open Canary mail on my iPad or phone, start an email, then have to save the draft or delete it so I can go into the settings and re-save my signature. ...then go back to writing your email.
Another quirk it still has is the templates don’t sync between devices. You have to re-write them on each device. I don’t understand the purpose of having an iCloud sync across devices if it can’t carry over templates. There are also other little bugs here and there; however, I’ll digress.
The app has gotten better over time. There used to be far more bugs. I simply wish they could just get it right once and for all...especially since I paid for both versions.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please contact us via the in-app Help button and we'll investigate the issues you've mentioned. With best regards to your grandmother :) -Canary Mail Team
Could not set up on iPad Pro
I perform IT functions for Mac as part of my job, to provide some context. I purchased this software today because the interface for Apple’s Mail for iOS is not that great and I’m looking for alternatives.
The software stalled out on an IMAP email account for my musical group’s website. Hmm, I know all of the required information and checked it closely to make sure the entry was correct - not impressive at all. OK, let’s try something dead simple - iCloud. Ouch, it stalled out on that too, referring to the need for two-factor identification but not actually initiating that process the way almost all software that requires this would.
So now I have purchased this software but it will not install any email addresses at all and is therefore useless and a financial loss, albeit a small one.
I’m sure that with enough time and tinkering I can force this software to set up these email accounts - but the claim is made for ‘effortless’ email and in that regard it is clearly a failure right out of the gate.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for using Canary. You can reach support via the in-app Help button or the Help button on our website. Please share relevant information to enable us to investigate the account setup issue you've mentioned. Note that this is Apple's own documentation regarding how you must use an app-specific password for iCloud with 3rd party mail apps, which Canary is consistent with: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397
- Mailr Tech LLP
- 72.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Breton, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mailr Tech LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Canary Mail $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.