By Ricci Adams
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Embrace is a music player for social partner dance DJs, designed to be used in combination with iTunes. Create a set list in Embrace, fine-tune it without worrying about interrupting playback, and play it to an external audio device.
Embrace focuses on providing a simple interface with only features needed for DJing social dance events. This greatly reduces the chance of accidental pauses, interruptions, or glitches during your set.
What's New in Version 2.1
This version of Embrace features minor user interface refinements. Occurrences of "pause" have been changed to "stop".
• Added the Danger Meter to the top-right corner of the Set List. This monitors the risk of an audio glitch due to lack of computing resources. To reduce risk: quit other applications, reduce the number of effects, or increase the audio device's frame size.
• Added Auto Stop. Drag the Auto Gap slider to the far right to automatically stop after each played track.
• Added "Ignore Auto Gap" option. When used, a song will proceed immediately to the next song without the silence gap.
• Added ability to import all songs in a folder
• Added ability to import and export M3U files
• Added "Float on Top" item to the View menu
• Added additional AppleScript nouns
• Fixes an issue where the start time and stop time of a song were corrupted.
• Fixes an issue where iTunes normalization and gapless playback data appeared as a track's comment.
• Fixes an issue where the Graphic EQ UI wouldn't update after loading a preset.
• Fixes a rare issue with re-ordering or adding tracks during a song transition. Embrace will now postpone the start of the next song until a drag finishes.
• Fixes a rare issue where the current song played indefinintely without advancing to the next song.