By Emerald Sequoia LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
These models of high-end mechanical watch faces contain many of the most complex "complications" found in real watches, plus refinements found nowhere else. All displays maintain the look and feel of real mechanical objects, but with the time and location accuracy of the iPhone.
NOTE: This app (Emerald Chronometer) is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Please also see Emerald Chronometer HD, a separate product optimized for the iPad.
- Highly accurate data from 4000 BCE to 2800 CE
- Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 classical planets
- The correct shape and orientation of the Moon in all phases but still using a mechanical display
- Relative positions of the Sun, Moon, 6 planets and the constellations of the zodiac
- "Compass functions" show the elevation and azimuth of the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 planets
- The Equation of Time, solar time and sidereal time
- Eclipse predictor (lunar node indicators and separation indicator)
- User settable geographic location and timezone using an 80,000 city database
- A unique face showing the rise and set times of all 5 classical planets plus the Sun and the Moon at once
- Day/date/month/year indicators, using mechanical wheels
- Local and UTC time
- Chronograph (stopwatch) with split timer, 1/10 sec accuracy
- Alarm clock and interval timer; notifications are delivered in iOS 4 if the app is not running**
- World-time watch with 24-city ring on one side and 4 subdials on the other
- Calendar watch with rotating wheels showing a full month at a time
- Most watches with 1/5 sec or 1/10 sec precision
- Synchronized with standard atomic clocks via NTP
There are 16 watches in all, with 27 total watch faces (including front and back sides).
A setting is available to allow the display to stay on only when plugged in.
Play with the watches by tapping on the crown and moving the hands, or press and hold on a date window to zoom through time to see the effect on the heavens. Then just use them to show you when it's time for a break.
A complete description of each application feature can be found in the built-in Help screens and on the Emerald Sequoia LLC Web Site, which also includes a demo movie. A developer's blog may also be found at http://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/ .
If you are having any trouble with the application whatsoever, please see our FAQ on the support page listed below and then contact us through that page if your problem is not resolved. We take pride in responding promptly to all support email requests.
**NTP accuracy is not guaranteed for alarm delivery if the app is not running. (NTP requires Internet access. Like all apps Emerald Chronometer can not change the device's internal clock.)
What's New in Version 3.9.4
* Fix crash running under iOS 7.x
* Fix Local Notification issues (double notifications, inappropriate notifications)
Very Functional + Beautiful? YES! 6 stars.
I use this app several times a day, as the clear analog clock/ watch faces are readable from several feet away (in the shower, eating dinner on a work break, rushing somewhere, etc.) The Emerald Chronometer is a really lovely app/ device/ design that is made up of 16 different types and styles of chronometers to suit nearly every need and whim.
I'm pretty picky about whether or not a thing is designed well, and Emerald Chronometer is a Beauty: the graphics are gorgeous and cleanly detailed on my iPhone and iPad, and the chronometers are very different from each other, not just a re-hash of the same information. Some of the watch faces are as complicated as advanced wrist chronometers, so they require some effort to access well, just like a physical watch. I love old railroad watches, so EC is a wonderful surprise. Very Good Job! Worth every penny! (And I have no connection to the developers--I just appreciate their work.)
Emerald Chronometer is superb. Elegant graphics with excellent functionality. It is a companion in my observatory for initializing the telescope mount and for timing exposures. It elegantly and efficiently shows things of daily interest: day/night in different locations around the world, local daylight savings time rules, UTC, the three twilight periods, and lunar and solar locations along the ecliptic. The planet locator is also very useful. It is even an elegant timer for brewing coffee & tea!
This is the elegant go-to app for good time accuracy via NTP - suitable for reference star sightings. The network time protocol provides an estimated uncertainty of the time.
This display is what should be on the Apple Watch.
Great Watch Great Price!
I have used the free version for a while now. I have enjoyed it so much and it has been very useful so I have purchased to HD version and haven't been disappointed. This is an excellent chronograph! A person could easily pay $1000. or more for a watch to do all that this app does. I use this app on my iPod and keep it in my pocket. It is also a great time piece when docked on my radio at night. If this app on the Apple Watch,I might finally breakdown and buy one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 22, 2015
- Version: 3.9.4
- Size: 83.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Emerald Sequoia LLC
- © 2008-2013 Emerald Sequoia LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.