Emergency: Alerts & Notifications
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Help keep your family safe in severe weather, man made/natural hazards with Emergency by the American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or area of loved ones, prepare your family and your home, check to see if loved ones are safe and let them know you’re safe. - A must have for anyone who live in areas prone to severe weather or have loved ones that do.
• Free and available in English with a Spanish-language toggle.
• Monitor the people and places you care about with real- time local alerts for severe weather and hazards, including earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flood, tsunamis, winter storms, thunderstorms, extreme heat, wildfire and many more.
• Family Safe feature - easily connect with loved ones to share alerts for their area and see if they’re safe during
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Interactive quizzes with sharable badges.
• Preloaded preparedness and critical emergency content providing instant access even without mobile connectivity.
• A toolkit with a flashlight, strobe light, and audible alarm.
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Step by step directions on how to make a family emergency plan.
As a disaster notification comes in on your Apple Watch, you can initiate Family Safe which notifies loved ones who are in the affected area of the disaster. Loved ones can instantly see the alert details and respond with their safety status (safe/not safe), along with seeing tailored “what to do now” information. If they’re not safe, you instantly know their location and they know what to do to get themselves safe.
What's New in Version 1.5
We've made improvements to our content delivery in case we ever need to deliver urgent updates to the app content.
My location -- right now -- is under an ENERGENCY EVACUATION WARNING but the map shows absolutely NO weather problems even though area around me have already been evacuated! This would be a great back if it worked. Also I needed to add another location to "watch" and there is no easy way to add another location. I had to delete all of my children and start over in order to add another location! Not cool considering this is in the middle of emergency evacuation preparation. That's ridiculous. Not user friendly.
Need to add location to alerts
Please add location to the alerts.
I track many locations but these alerts don't tell me where the alert is located.
This is a must-have request in my opinion.
So disappointing- downright dangerous if people believe this app is a real safeguard.
So bad that I'm shocked. Apparently GREENWICH Ct does not exist in this system... Wow. Nothing works. Waste of time. Complete throw away app. So much promise, absolutely zero functionality.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 84.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2015 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.