Help keep your family safe in severe weather, man made/natural hazards with Emergency by the American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or area of loved ones, prepare your family and your home, check to see if loved ones are safe and let them know you’re safe. - A must have for anyone who live in areas prone to severe weather or have loved ones that do.
• Free and available in English with a Spanish-language toggle.
• Monitor the people and places you care about with real- time local alerts for severe weather and hazards, including earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flood, tsunamis, winter storms, thunderstorms, extreme heat, wildfire and many more.
• Family Safe feature - easily connect with loved ones to share alerts for their area and see if they’re safe during
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Interactive quizzes with sharable badges.
• Preloaded preparedness and critical emergency content providing instant access even without mobile connectivity.
• A toolkit with a flashlight, strobe light, and audible alarm.
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Step by step directions on how to make a family emergency plan.
• Be alerted on your apple watch! We now support WatchOS 4.0 and above
We have fixed a bug some users may have been experiencing so they can now open individual alerts.
Ratings and Reviews
"Monitor all your important locations!" NOT
Looking for an app that can tell me realtime if anything is happening in the Azores Islands as I have a good deal of family there, as well as my fathers childhood home right on the coast of Sao Lourenço ... my fear has always been with hurricanes & tropical storms, tsunami, & volcanic activity ; & so I was referred to this app. Imagine my confusion, being told there was no results to my search while trying to add "Azores Islands" as a location to monitor ... they seem to include Madeira on the map, but no Azores... & everytime I tried to add a city in Portugal or Madeira (Lisbon, for example) it would give me Lisbon New York USA & all related search terms IN THE US -- & wouldn't allow me to monitor any part or portion of Portugal!!! What the heck?!! This app is pointless. I know all too much what's happening in the US, it's being shoved in my face from every direction; what I was looking for was information on THE WORLDS HAPPENINGS we don't hear about normally. Plz resolve this silly flaw
If this Emergency Alert app is supposed to be all-purpose, the Wildfire functionality needs to be beefed up. Unfortunately the Red Cross “Wildfire” app no longer works under the new IOS, and, this all-purpose Emergency app doesn’t handle fires adequately.
Think about the Napa area fires this last October-what the functionality the app could have had that would have made things better for people who, it turned out, had little or no warning to evacuate from the fast-moving fires.
Good for various alerts but needs work
Good for various alerts like fires, snow, rain, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc., but needs work.
It prompts you for people you care about in a particular town that you specify. But if you exit the app then those contacts are lost. Same with the “I’m safe” feature - great idea but in an emergency I want the contacts loaded and ready so I can just send loved ones the message that I’m alright. Those contacts aren’t saved either. Otherwise good app.
- American Red Cross
- 104.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 The American National Red Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.