By Megan Holstein
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Emotion Cards is a set of picture cards on the iPhone of 81 emotions.
★ Charly James:"...I just want to say it's the best .99¢ I've spent in a while!"
★ Consonantlyspeaking.com: "Emotion Cards by Pufferfish Software is definitely a great choice!"
★ iHelpSNKids "Even better is the fact that it is not only compatible with the iPad it works on your phone as well!" (http://on.fb.me/13eUQSp)
★ Emotion Cards is on iHeartThisApp.com! (http://bit.ly/PAe7r8)
★ On the AppyMall! (http://bit.ly/SmLe5f)
Special needs child uses these pictures to express how they feel.
A broad selection of pictures of emotions helps a child find the emotion they're feeling, and express it to a parent or teacher.
*iPhone and iPad capable*
The user will then select the emotion they're feeling and show you, taking the guesswork out of figuring out what they're feeling.
✔ Full set of 81 emotions
✔ Definition button for every emotion - pronunciation included.
✔ 9 categories of 9 emotions helps children easily find the emotion they want.
✔ Audio options for non-reading children.
✔ Show/hide picture labels to help teach emotion identification.
How does it help my child?
• Prompt "Show me what you're feeling."
• Open up the app either to the homepage or the relevant category.
• Your child will select the emotion they're feeling, and show you. They may also tap the audio button so it says the emotion.
• "When he's frustrated and having a really hard time explaining to me what is going on he goes into the Emotion Cards app and chooses as he was shown by his therapist and myself what is going on."
• Can be used in emotion programs to teach advanced sets of emotions. Go into options on the home page and turn 'enable text' off to hide picture labels.
• Select the picture you want, and ask them to identify the emotion shown. For simple emotion programs, the answer can merely be close, such as the category name. For more complicated programs, the great selection of pictures enables you to quiz many different emotions.
What's New in Version 1.25
- Audio Support
- Show/hide picture labels
- Changing from scroll bar to indicator dots
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 27, 2012
- Version: 1.25
- Size: 96.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Megan Holstein
- © 2012 Pufferfish Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.