Empire Magazine (US Edition)
By Bauer Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Film, TV and Entertainment Magazine Of The Year 2013 – Digital Magazine Awards
Empire is the biggest-selling movie magazine on the planet, counting moviemakers such as Steven Spielberg, James Cameron and Peter Jackson amongst its readers. Quentin Tarantino best summed it up when he said: "Movies are my religion and Empire is my church."
This brand-new U.S. iPad edition combines Empire’s world-class editorial with embedded trailers, video and exclusive content tailored to U.S. movie fans.
Subscriptions start at $1.99 (monthly rolling subscription), $19.99 (12 months), or $4.99 for a single issue.
As a subscriber you will get every issue delivered to your device including:
- On Location! Exclusive reports from the sets of the most exciting movies being made right now
- The Slate! The first look at the biggest new movies, rumors and trailers
- In Theaters! The best movie reviews in the world as they are released in the U.S.
- Features! Get up close with the most influential names in Hollywood thanks to Empire’s great access
- ReView! We recommend the best movies to watch, stream and download in your home
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will be automatically renewed 24 hours prior to expiry unless auto-renew is turned off in your Account Settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is possible during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 3.0
Version update for iOS 8 compatability
Great app, great magazine
I've always loved the magazine, but it was just too expensive on the newsstand. The digital version is well worth the subscription price.
UPDATE: The app does not work with iOS8. Either it tells me to restart the app (and I actually had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work), or it deletes the issue I just downloaded after closing the app, and then i have to go through the uninstall/reinstall process again.
UPDATE 2: Update for iOS 8 has corrected the issues. I can read my magazine again! Thanks for the quick fix.
Still can't buy new subscriptions, iOS 8 or not.
The previous update made it impossible to subscribe without a customer number from a paper subscription. The iOS 8 update doesn't fix the problem. Customer service suggested creating a subscription online, but all of the subscription links for the US Digital Edition just point to iTunes, as all subscriptions are supposed to be created in-app. Empire Customer Service is still "looking into this" but it's pretty obvious they would rather have our $4.99 per issue than our $19.99 for a subscription. Don't buy this app unless you already have a customer number, and even then it sounds like downloads aren't working.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 24, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bauer Corporate Services
- © 2012, Bauer Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Empire US Subscription$1.99
- Empire US Subscription$19.99
- Empire US Subscription$8.99
- Empire US March 2014$4.99
- Empire US July 2012$4.99
- Empire US February 2013$4.99
- Empire US March 2013$4.99
- Empire US September 2012$4.99
- Empire Magazine March 2015$4.99
- Empire US August 2012$4.99