Empire: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Victory! Empire: Total War - Gold Edition is one of the Mac App Store’s Best Games of 2012!
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
• Empire: Total War - Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
• Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
• Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
• Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
• Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
• Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
• Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
• Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
• Compete online in an intense one-on-one multiplayer mode (OS X 10.8 required).
Important information regarding Empire: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Empire: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/game/empire
© SEGA. The Creative Assembly, Total War, Empire: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright ©1991-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® technology (©2003-2007 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Good, but requires strategy
The game is good, but you want to be careful before you buy. The gameplay works well, it looks good, and it's fun. The game requires strategy and patience, and if you don't have those you probably shouldn't buy, you're eventually going to want to declare war on someone, but it takes time to get your treasury wealthy enough so you don't go bankrupt in a prolonged conflict, and when you capture a reigon, it will sometimes require you to put down rebellions and such. Battles are incredibly difficult at first, but they become very fun once you're used to them. Overall really good, but the amount of patience and strategy required is great, so make sure that's what you want before you buy.
This was the best strategy game until Shogun 2 and Rome 2 were released for mac. The game gives a little too much power to line infantry and not enough to cavlary. It is not as exciting as other games in the series because it is primarily ranged warfare with the exception of a few epic bayonet charges. Every city looks exactly the same. Also siege battles are not the best working thing in the world. It is still a decent game but it could have been VERY good game. I would suggest Rome 2 or Shogun 2 over it though. I still waiting for a medieval 2 game for apple though. Medieval 2 was the best game of the total war series.
This is wack!
I attempted to download this via a wifi connection, it got about 90 percent done, proceeded to tell me there was an error and couldn’t finish downloading. I was annoyed but figured if i tried again and made sure the connection was alright that it would work. Sadly once i hit install the purchased screen said “waiting” and has been stuck like this ever since. Now i have to go through the process to refund a pointless 40 dollar purchase thru the phone. WASTE OF TIME AND WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FIXES HERE
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 13.08 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. Developed and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later