Empire: Total War - Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Victory! Empire: Total War - Gold Edition is one of the Mac App Store’s Best Games of 2012!
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
• Empire: Total War - Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
• Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
• Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
• Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
• Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
• Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
• Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
• Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
• Compete online in an intense one-on-one multiplayer mode (OS X 10.8 required).
Important information regarding Empire: Total War - Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Empire: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/game/empire
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Good, but requires strategy
The game is good, but you want to be careful before you buy. The gameplay works well, it looks good, and it's fun. The game requires strategy and patience, and if you don't have those you probably shouldn't buy, you're eventually going to want to declare war on someone, but it takes time to get your treasury wealthy enough so you don't go bankrupt in a prolonged conflict, and when you capture a reigon, it will sometimes require you to put down rebellions and such. Battles are incredibly difficult at first, but they become very fun once you're used to them. Overall really good, but the amount of patience and strategy required is great, so make sure that's what you want before you buy.
Serious Gamers Need Apply
Personal favorite in the TW Series, and in my top 5 ever with 30 years of gaming. Had this on PC before upgrading to a Mac. Runs even smoother now than it did on the PC! This is a must have title for any serious strategy gamer. Not for the meek however as the strategic elements and battle mechanics create a fairly steep learning curve. That aside, it’s a beautiful game with heaps of replay value.
A two-button mouse should be listed as a requirement. It’s virtually unplayable without one.
for those who have trouble with the right click button
in order to use the right click on macbook go to settings then trackpad then point and click and turn on the secondary click and adjust whether u want to double click, click on right corner or click on left corner and then launch the game. this will give you the right click ability when u play the game. this will give control. glad to help those with complaints about this problem. i am a great fan of this game and highly recommend this to others.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 13.08 GB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. The Creative Assembly, Total War, Empire: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright ©1991-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® technology (©2003-2007 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later