Epic heroes, monsters and action await in this thrilling, tactical battle RPG!
Featured by Apple!
"A challenging game of strategy and puzzles"
"We're impressed by this epic match-three adventure"
Players are saying:
"Awesome game. This will keep me busy for months!"
"Really fun, great production values!"
Empires & Puzzles is a completely new take on RPG games, combining match-3 battles and building a mighty stronghold - topped with thrilling PVP duels. Join the battle now!
• Fight - Send your troops charging by making amazing combos!
• Build - Rebuild an immense war fortress!
• Collect – Summon hundreds of powerful heroes and troops!
• Raid - Fight in PvP battles against players from around the world!
• Upgrade – Level up your heroes, buildings and special powers!
• Team Up - Fight mighty Titans with your Alliance!
• Amazing Graphics – Experience detailed monsters, heroes and visual effects in a majestic fantasy world!
• Fixed a critical issue with the counter attack special.
• Fixed the issue where the energy counters were not visible on iPhone XS
Ratings and Reviews
Take on chilly winter quests for exclusive rewards.
I do like playing this game, I have been playing awhile and check on my empire frequently. Maybe too much. I especially like the match game twist, it’s a bit more engaging than an idle RPG. There is always a new mission or quest to complete. Titan to gang up on, Heroes to level up, or something to build or upgrade.
If I were to make one complaint it would be how the raids are handled. The more you win, the higher your trophy score goes up, then you are matched up against stronger opponents that can slaughter you easily. So after enduring that a while your score will go down enough that you get to slaughter others for a time. It’s a never ending see-saw. Those rare times you are equally matched a raid can last upwards of 30 moves or more. The only way to buck the cycle is to get a good chain reaction going, since your special attacks are dependent upon it. Where the defending team gets a more consistent and routine cycle of special attacks. So I f the match’s just are not lining up for you, your opponent can often special attack 3-4 times before you can once; even with identical heroes. If your opponent has heroes that are a star level above you, then you will get wiped out before you even have a chance to use your special moves. If there were not rewards for engaging in raids, I wouldn’t bother doing raids. It’s that much of a nuisance.
New games, new names, same problems
A needlessly elaborate schematic designed to confuse you into thinking you can play for free. Quickly gets too hard to do so. But more than the standard and expected money grab is the baffling added difficulty thrown at you to actually *play* the basic puzzle game. Upgrade a web of buildings in a long linear series to Recruit heroes to train heroes up levels to ascend heroes of five different types. With taking days to move each step. Why stop your gamers from playing? 1 star not for the money grab but the inane thoughts in the "boardroom" that this style of play is likeable by those that play puzzle matching games.
Speaking of money grabs though. This developers here are masterclass. You can (and will) pay hundreds of dollars (I have spent close to 1000 on this game) buying *chances* to get what you need. And the chances are (not surprisingly) near zero. Exact chances? Guess. And you won’t have to guess who figured out that in their boardroom? You will be laughed at in that boardroom. Key items are kept from you from fully ascending you heroes though which can’t be bought. Ascending them *if* you get lucky and pay money is amazingly difficult at higher levels with months of grinding (during which time you will be spending more money). Honestly this game makes you wonder why anyone would deal illegal drugs. Here the developers have found something more profitable, zero material cost and somehow legal.
- Small Giant Games Oy
- 201.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Small Giant Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Challenge Discount $0.99
- Pile of Gems $4.99
- Bag of Gems $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.