Earn 2.15% - 4.30% on savings and up to 2% cashback on debit. No fees or minimums. Join nearly half a million who are getting rewarded & building savings. Why not get rewarded for banking? Earn money on both your checking and savings account, regardless of your balances. Get a 24/7 Financial Assistant. And never pay any fees, ever again.
Featured by Apple as “New Apps We Love”, The New York Times, Time, and Forbes, Empower’s no-fee mobile banking is easy to use and unmatched in its rewards. Accounts are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
It takes only 3 minutes to sign up for Empower banking. You get:
* Checking account with up to 2% cashback on debit
* Savings account earning 2.15% - 4.30%
* A 24/7 AI-powered Financial Assistant
* Instant push notifications for all debit card transactions
* Seamless budgeting
* Get 30 days of Rewards Boost for referring friends. Get an extra 1% cashback on debit and an additional 2.15% per annum on your savings on top of the standard 2.15% APY! Talk about unmatched rewards!
* No fees
* No overdrafts
* No foreign transaction fees
* No minimum balance requirements
* FDIC insured up to $250,000
* Network of 25,000+ free ATMs
* One free out-of-network ATM reimbursement per month, anywhere in the world!
* Apple Pay support
* Protection from unauthorized purchases through Visa's Zero Liability Policy
IN ADDITION, GET EMPOWER'S 24/7 FINANCIAL ASSISTANT FEATURES:
* See all of your accounts in one place—including bank, credit card, loan, retirement, and crypto
* Protect and improve your credit scores by monitoring your credit utilization
* Track your spending and get insights into where it’s going
* Create budgets, including being notified when you’ve spent too much on coffees this month
* Save money by cancelling subscriptions or asking us to negotiate cell phone/Internet/cable/home security bills
* Refinance your debt by accessing low-interest loans, even without a great credit score
* Check your balances and transactions on your phone—anytime, from anywhere
* Have a pair of eyes on your money 24/7, alerting you of anything unusual
* Chat with a personal finance coach about your money questions
EMPOWER’S STATE-OF-THE-ART SECURITY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Empower uses bank-grade security measures like AES 256-bit encryption, multi-factor authentication, PIN code, and Touch ID to protect your account.
* Your personal information is fully encrypted using SSL.
HERE’S WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY:
* Forbes: “The app will let you renegotiate big bills you didn't even realize you could reduce.”
* Time: “Get some help cleaning up with Empower, a new money management app designed to help you make sense of your financial life.”
* The New York Times: “Empower focused on “finding” people savings by analyzing their accounts and suggesting higher-interest savings, lower-interest cards, and subscription cancellations.”
The Empower savings and checking accounts are opened and maintained with, and the Empower debit card is issued by, Evolve Bank & Trust, member FDIC.
4.30% per annum = 2.15% APY + 2.15% per annum Boost for one month per referral. No fees, No minimum balance. 2.15% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) may change at any time. APY as of Feb 6th, 2019.
Earn 1% cashback on the first $1,000 each month. Earn an additional 1% cashback on the first $1,000 for each referral period.
Have a question? We've improved our support portal to help you get the answers you need!
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely well designed in so many ways
Super neat and shiny. The sign up process was absolutely flawless, and I commend the developers of this exceptionally tight user experience. I loved the way they got all the text/email verifications out of the way using the same data input screen. I enjoy trying out new banking products, and Empower really has a chance of sticking with me. You either tend to love it from the start or it fades right away and sits. Too many products focus on being your "one and only" except don't provide convenient cash deposit access and lack the je ne sais quoi of being able to pull out a REAL FRICKIN' BANKCARD of an established, historical institution i.e. a grown-up bank. This notion cannot fade quick enough as commercial institutions are utterly glacial implementing new technologies and tend to also be so buggy in basic operation. Empower is more open-ended as to whether you want to use it as a financial product or a banking product. It left an initial impression on me that almost matched the wow factor of Square Cash. I wish they had instant debit card funding instead of instant funding via ACH. The reason is that I like immediately accurate balances without delay. I appreciated being able to set up Apple Pay from the start too. Wonderful job, and if this is the beginning of the product, I can't wait to see it as it evolves.
DOES NOT SUPPORT 2ND CARD OR MANY ATMS OPTIONS
My wife and I read about Empower through a financial article and it sounded like a great option for us. We had closed our Chase account and kept our PNC open until everything was switched over to cover expenses and make sure there was no lapse in bills. So once that was finished we finally got our....1 card? Empower does not support two cards for the same account. That was not disclosed or advertised or anything. It was deep within their “Help” section after we had signed up.
So because it does work with Apple Pay we thought, ok the options and cash back are a nice option so let’s get through it. Well, we finally closed our PNC account and just had empower at this point. My pay check was a live check one week because of the switching of accounts, they wanted to be sure I could have the cash. So with this live check I look on how to deposit it or cash it..... THEY DON’T HAVE SUPPORT FOR THIS. The only way you can contact them is a messenger or email and you MIGHT get an answer back in 24-48 hours even though their app says most replies are in 2 hours of the operation times. They have no answers. So I had to go to my local grocery store where they would cash it but for $8. I responded back to their for short email giving me no answers and that was 24hours ago. Other than that, the app works nicely. Just can’t deposit cash or checks. HUGE flaw when setting up this business.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you very much for taking the time for the feedback notice. Please be reassured that we take well notice of the improvements our customers are requesting, and we are actively working on getting a secure way to deposit cash or checks. For the $8 ATM fee, that's on Empower since the 1st fee of the month is on us. We are also taking well notice of the request of having 2 cards for a joint account. We'll continuously work on making this better for you in the next releases. Please let us know if any issues or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
I very rarely write reviews, but for this app I’m going to make an exception. I’ve been searching for a budgeting and savings app for a while now, and I’ve tried competitors like mint and even gave a couple paid offerings a shot. Honestly, this app is far better than the competition. It includes all the same features you’ve come to expect in a budgeting app such as financial advice and linking accounts, but it does it better. One good example of its superior customer experience is the feature to add and remove specific accounts from your financial institution (For instance, if you have a savings account connected to your chase checking account that you’ve never touched, it’s not going to be around to irritate you and take up space.) This app even lets you link your investment institutions and lets you see how your securities are doing right in the app! My only gripe is that for whatever reason I’m having trouble connecting my Robinhood account. If anyone from customer service sees this review, I’d be very grateful for some assistance. : )
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.