Selected by Apple and Time as "New Apps We Love" and "Best Apps of the Year”, Empower helps nearly half a million Americans track all their money in one place, find savings, build wealth, and get out of debt. In addition to using Empower to manage your money, now do all of your banking from your phone without paying any fees. Empower banking offers 2.00% APY on savings and 1% cashback on debit card spend, with no fees and no minimums. Talk about a rewarding combo!
HERE'S WHAT THE MEDIA HAS BEEN SAYING:
* Time: “Get some help cleaning up with Empower, a new money management app designed to help you make sense of your financial life.”
* NYTimes: “Empower focused on “finding” people savings by analyzing their accounts and suggesting higher-interest savings, lower-interest cards, and subscription cancellations.”
* Forbes: “The app will let you renegotiate big bills you didn't even realize you could reduce.”
EMPOWER'S MONEY MANAGEMENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
* See all of your accounts in one place—including bank, credit card, loan, retirement, crypto
* Protect and boost your credit scores by monitoring your credit utilization
* Have a pair of eyes on your money 24/7, alerting you of anything unusual
* Track your spending and get insights into where it’s going
* Create budgets, including being notified when you’ve spent too much on coffees this month
* Save money by cancelling subscriptions or asking us to negotiate cell phone/Internet/cable/home security bills
* Build your savings by finding the highest interest savings accounts
* Refinance your debt by accessing low-interest loans, even without a great credit score
* Check your balances and transactions on your phone—anytime, from anywhere
* Chat with a personal finance coach about your money questions
IN ADDITION, EMPOWER'S BANKING FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Mobile banking using state-of-the-art security in the palm of your hands
* Checking account with 1% cash back on the first $1,000 of debit card spend each month
* Savings account earning 2.00% APY
* No fees
* No minimum balance requirements
* Free ATMs
* FDIC insured up to $250,000
* Visa's Zero Liability Policy protects you against unauthorized purchases
* Instant notifications of debit card transactions for enhanced security
OUR APP'S SECURITY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Empower uses bank-grade security measures like AES 256-bit encryption, multi-factor authentication, PIN code, and Touch ID to protect your account.
* Your personal information is fully encrypted using SSL.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) may change at any time, before or after account is opened. APY is as of November 16, 2018.
Now get 2.00% APY on savings and 1% cashback on your debit card, with no fees or minimums. Join nearly half a million people already using Empower to track spending, budget, and build savings. We've launched these new banking accounts with unmatched rewards on top of our award-winning Empower money management app.
This release also includes:
- performance improvements on the analysis feed, speedier than ever!
- bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I liked the app long time ago. But uninstalled after some bugs. Recently I tried to use the app again but I could not. Here is what happened.
1. When I use my number to login I got an error saying the number is not valid. Contacted support. I have my number and email. Said number is invalid. After couple of emails they said number is valid.
2. Tried to login. It worked. But it asked what pin I used before. I don’t remember. I contacted support again.
3. They asked my ID. I sent.
4. They asked me to send my pic while holding ID. I sent.
5. They asked my phone number and email again. I provided. No response.
I understand they don’t want to provide data for thief’s but even after submitting all the info they need still I could not use the app. THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME.
Promising App: Terrible Support
The app has promise, but their support is absolutely terrible for an app. I’ve had 3 developer issues and each time they’ve told me “delete the account and restart” which means deleting all of my transaction categories. For an app that costs $30/year, I would expect support that tells me a hard resetting of the app isn’t needed every 2 months.
Good with limitations
I’ve been using Empower for several months now and am happy with the wide range of accounts that you can link to the app.
The landing page is informative and exactly what I’m looking for every time I open the app. Directly underneath that, the accounts snapshot and lists is useful to corroborate with the snapshot above. Essentially, all the information they show you in the way that they do is practical and ranked in order of priority that aligns with mine (of course, this is subjective). I’m very happy with this and is the reason I’ve continued to use this over Mint, Clarity, and other personal finance apps.
Unfortunately it has a major drawback. Every now and then the app will brick. This is happening at the moment for me (and is the reason I am writing this review). How the app normally works is that you open the app, it loads the intro screen and then opens to the snapshot graph. From time to time, my app will only load the intro screen and never move past it. Deleting and reinstalling fixes the problem, but this is hardly a sustainable solution. It has happened about 5 times since I’ve had the app and each time it is incredible frustrating.
Another small negative is that it doesn’t update transactions in real time. It takes a long time for new/pending transactions to show up in the app.
For me, this is a major bug worthy of losing 2 stars over. A personal finance app (or any app, for that matter), shouldn’t have an issue that renders it useless. 4 stars for a practical and well designed app. -2 stars for bugs and shortcomings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.