Earn 2.00% - 4.00% on savings and up to 2% cashback on debit. No fees or minimums. Join nearly half a million who are getting rewarded & building savings.
Why not get rewarded for banking? Earn money on both your checking and savings account, regardless of your balances. Get a 24/7 Financial Assistant. And never pay any fees, ever again.
Featured by Apple as “New Apps We Love”, The New York Times, Time, and Forbes, Empower’s no-fee mobile banking is easy to use and unmatched in its rewards. Accounts are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
It takes only 3 minutes to sign up for Empower banking. You get:
* Checking account with up to 2% cashback on debit
* Savings account earning 2.00% - 4.00%
* A 24/7 AI-powered Financial Assistant
* Instant push notifications for all debit card transactions
* Seamless budgeting
* Get 30 days of Rewards Boost for referring friends. Get an extra 1% cashback on debit and an additional 2% per annum on your savings on top of the standard 2.00% APY! Talk about unmatched rewards!
* No fees
* No overdrafts
* No foreign transaction fees
* No minimum balance requirements
* FDIC insured up to $250,000
* Network of 25,000+ free ATMs
* One free out-of-network ATM reimbursement per month, anywhere in the world!
* Apple Pay support
* Protection from unauthorized purchases through Visa's Zero Liability Policy
IN ADDITION, GET EMPOWER'S 24/7 FINANCIAL ASSISTANT FEATURES:
* See all of your accounts in one place—including bank, credit card, loan, retirement, and crypto
* Protect and improve your credit scores by monitoring your credit utilization
* Track your spending and get insights into where it’s going
* Create budgets, including being notified when you’ve spent too much on coffees this month
* Save money by cancelling subscriptions or asking us to negotiate cell phone/Internet/cable/home security bills
* Refinance your debt by accessing low-interest loans, even without a great credit score
* Check your balances and transactions on your phone—anytime, from anywhere
* Have a pair of eyes on your money 24/7, alerting you of anything unusual
* Chat with a personal finance coach about your money questions
EMPOWER’S STATE-OF-THE-ART SECURITY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Empower uses bank-grade security measures like AES 256-bit encryption, multi-factor authentication, PIN code, and Touch ID to protect your account.
* Your personal information is fully encrypted using SSL.
HERE’S WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY:
* Forbes: “The app will let you renegotiate big bills you didn't even realize you could reduce.”
* Time: “Get some help cleaning up with Empower, a new money management app designed to help you make sense of your financial life.”
* The New York Times: “Empower focused on “finding” people savings by analyzing their accounts and suggesting higher-interest savings, lower-interest cards, and subscription cancellations.”
The Empower savings and checking accounts are opened and maintained with, and the Empower debit card is issued by, Evolve Bank & Trust, member FDIC.
4.00% per annum = 2.00% APY + 2.00% per annum Boost for one month per referral. No fees, No minimum balance. 2.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) may change at any time. APY as of Jan 7th, 2019.
Earn 1% cashback on the first $1,000 each month. Earn an additional 1% cashback on the first $1,000 for each referral period.
It's finally here!
Empower banking is now open to all.
- Earn 2.00% - 4.00% on savings
- Up to 2% cashback on debit
- No fees or minimums
Ratings and Reviews
I very rarely write reviews, but for this app I’m going to make an exception. I’ve been searching for a budgeting and savings app for a while now, and I’ve tried competitors like mint and even gave a couple paid offerings a shot. Honestly, this app is far better than the competition. It includes all the same features you’ve come to expect in a budgeting app such as financial advice and linking accounts, but it does it better. One good example of its superior customer experience is the feature to add and remove specific accounts from your financial institution (For instance, if you have a savings account connected to your chase checking account that you’ve never touched, it’s not going to be around to irritate you and take up space.) This app even lets you link your investment institutions and lets you see how your securities are doing right in the app! My only gripe is that for whatever reason I’m having trouble connecting my Robinhood account. If anyone from customer service sees this review, I’d be very grateful for some assistance. : )
Great for keeping track of where you spend your money
I have been on the hunt for the perfect financial app to help me with budgeting and goals. My ideal app would be able to link to my accounts, I would be able to easily see the different categories that I am spending money on (food, shopping, bills, etc.) and I would be able to create my own financial goals (for vacations, large purchases, etc.)
Empower makes it SUPER easy to see exactly where your money is going to. It makes it easy to change thing from category to category if need be. Empower is easier to use compared to the other financial apps I have used including Mint and Clarity.
My one request is to add a way to create personal financial goals. I want to be able to say “I want to save 10,000 in the next 3 years for such and such, where can I save money and how much money do I need to be saving per month in order to make this goal?”
If I had that, Empower would be a five star, for sure.
Empower is the most efficient way to take control of your finances. The ability to for the app to keep track of all my purchases, place them into categories, and note how much I’m spending (overall and per category) makes budgeting a breeze. So much so that I’ve opted to go with the premium monthly subscription. With that though are two feature I would like to see introduced: the ability to delete categories and the ability to create my own transactions when I use cash. There are numerous default categories that I will never use that simply create clutter. To be able to narrow those selections down to just those I use frequently would be a huge improvement. Additionally, I would like to be able to keep track of purchases I make with cash, so that I get a complete sense of my expenses. These two features would make the app as close to perfect, in my opinion.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'd love to learn more about your cash usage, in particular, how often, etc. so we can build better products in the future. Since I can't see your email, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set it up! Looking forward.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.