Join over 22,000 of your colleagues and subscribe to the #1 Emergency Medicine show in the world. For over 14 years, Mel Herbert and our team of EM experts have been sharing their “Reviews and Perspectives”, bringing you the most up-to-date and relevant topics in emergency medicine, every month. It’s funny, it’s smart and it’s truly irresistible medical education.
• Love listening. With over 54 hours a year of concise, up-to-date education, EMRAP is so much fun, it will quickly become your go-to podcast. You’ll find ways to improve your practice every time you listen.
• Save time by listening on any device, anywhere. Our handy app for iPhone makes listening a breeze. You'll also take care of that pesky CME requirement while you’re at it with up to 54 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit(s)™.
• Learn with the best, alongside our world-class physician team. And if you need a refresher on anything you listened to, that same team crafts concise written summaries of every chapter.
Emergency Medicine Reviews and Perspectives is a monthly audio series for Emergency Medical practitioners. Born in September 2001, it now is heard by over 20,000 subscribers every month and is the #1 audio program in emergency medicine.
EM:RAP features a world-class faculty from around the globe, presenting a range of EM topics in a tightly edited audio format. Emphasis is added through the lectures by our internationally acclaimed hosts Rob Orman, Anand Swaminathan and Mel Herbert. The production team includes segment producers Josh Kurz and Wendy Roderweiss, and Sound Designer, Bill Connor, exceptional editors and production crew.
With your shift all over, you pulled on your cap
And drove yourself home while listening to EM:RAP.
When from the app store there arose such an update,
you had to pull over and hyperventilate.
When, what to your wondering eyes might see,
EM:RAP HD in your episode feed!
With Doctor Mel Herbert, so lively and quick,
and many new episodes from which you may pick.
Tilt the phone sideways and view them full screen,
the best medical videos anyone has seen,
with a wise faculty and topics galore,
you'll use this app but will keep wanting more.
Now, learn from the best, but please keep in mind,
don't watch videos while it's a wheel you're behind.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent content, beautiful app that could use some work
EM:Rap came highly recommend, and the content really lives up to it. There are a lot of free medical education sources, but this is worth the money. Unfortunately, the app still holds it back a little (and it isn't a completely unusable app or anything). If these three things were resolved I'd definitely give it 5/5
Big kudos to the recent update that allowed in-app searching!
1) the most annoying thing that needs to be fixed is to change the lockscreen control to back and forward 15 seconds, not back and forward tracks. When I'm driving and listening and I miss something, I don't want the distraction of having to unlock my phone, open the app, open the player, and then hit back 15 seconds.
2) maybe it works for other people, but I haven't been able to view videos on the app. Even the mobile version of the website has a video option.
3) annoying, but the least of my concerns thus far, it isn't very good at remembering where I left off
The big problem with this app is the playback. It often forgets where it last stopped and rarely resumes at the correct spot. It doesn’t multitask well. If you keep it running in the background and play is interrupted for some reason, when you reopen the app it brings you to the homepage, not what’s currently playing. It would also be nice if the 15-second forward and back buttons were integrated into the control center of iOS, like Overcast does. Just study Overcast and that’s how playback should be! Great content and I like the written summaries, but certainly lots of room for improvement.
As with most Apps and many sites, the Font is simply too small. Yep, you can note cone down, so no way to see without reading glasses! Good luck when the editors are 45. Could this be why Mel is no longer around, after all, he hit 50 a few years back, with much fan fare.
Another pet peeve along the same lines. Enough with grey color font and as pertains to this one, a lighter shade of red. Again, hard to read. B&W is the standard for a reason.
Secondly, agree with others, no way to search.
How about being able to create my own playlist for up coming drive?
Better apps exist out there, say Teaching Company, though they too use too small a font. Also, they use a white font on black background, actually the best. And you can erase old stuff.
Content is over the top though.
- EMRAP, Inc
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014-2018 EMRAP, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.