The original EMS Field Guide® from Informed Publishing—the trusted leader in emergency reference information since 1986—now has a new version for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
* Quick navigation to critical information
* Custom bookmarks let you quickly return to your favorite pages
* Search capability
* Add notes to a page
* Current ACLS Algorithms
* 12-Lead EKG Section & Acute MI
* Airway Management / RSI
* Top Prescription Drugs
* Emergency & ACLS Drugs
* IV Drips, Drug Infusions, Dosages
* Poisons & Overdose / “Rave” Drugs
* Medical Emergencies Section
* Fibrinolytics for AMI & Stroke / CVA
* Childbirth, Diabetic, Respiratory Distress
* Pediatric Resuscitation, Drug Doses, Vitals
* Trauma, Triage, MCI, Glasgow Coma Scales
* Pulse Oximetry, Infectious Diseases
* Quick EMS Spanish Translations
* Lab Values, Metrics, Notes
* Interactive calculators
“THE ORIGINAL AND STILL THE BEST” —EMS Magazine
Twenty-three years after publication, the EMS Field Guide remains the most widely-used reference in EMS history. Carried in the pockets, phones and emergency vehicles of millions of first responders, this is the guide EMS Magazine calls “the original and still the best.”
The EMS Field Guide app puts critical information at your fingertips with rich content, detailed illustrations and pioneering features. This app is available in two editions— Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Basic & Intermediate Life Support (BLS)—designed specifically to correspond with each tier of EMT certification and practice, so you know you have the right tool for your job.
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) app equips the Paramedic or EMT-P to triage and address trauma. It provides fast, easy access to vital assessment information, medications, and drug doses; quick interpretation of 12-Lead EKGs; and the latest CPR and ACLS algorithms from the American Heart Association (AHA). The ALS app is also suitable for Intermediates whose practice orders require a more detailed understanding of these topics.
“The EMS Field Guide by Informed is probably the most popular pocket reference guide carried on ambulances across the country.”
“I love your guides. I’ve been a paramedic for 25 years and your ALS guides are the best source of reliable on-scene information.”
“This is a great review tool as well as a resource.”
“…Highly recommended in some of my advanced cardiac life support training courses.”
“One of the best things a paramedic can have. A cheat sheet for the things you may not always remember.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Informed Publishing offers a full product line of references for the medical and first response markets, as well as a consumer line for home and family emergency preparedness. Informed references are available in a variety of formats: pocket-size print guides, and now, apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Learn more at www.informedguides.com.
For questions, comments, or suggestions concerning this guide, contact Informed® Publishing at email@example.com
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App IN THEORY
If the app would actually work when I open it it’s a great tool. I have only had it open Once and work. Every other time I’ve ever opened it the screen has been black or it would just stick me on a screen and take away all the buttons to go back or forward. It is fixed by deleting it and re-downloading it, but who wants to do that on a call. Till they fix it it’s not worth the money
AEMT- paramedic in the making
This is a really good app! But it need a lot of software improvements. 5 days I go I bought it and it was working very well. Today I tried to open to look at stuff, and the main screen appears black. Not a reliable app, I want my money back!
Awesome quick reference!
I especially use it for prescribed medications. Not sure what the bad reviews are about. Works perfect on the iPhone 8 and X
- Informed Publishing
- 40.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Informed Publishing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.