Emulsify is a camera for black and white film photography purists, with beautiful film-like images, manual exposure, and an interface that stays out of your way. It is the modern descendant of a 35mm SLR loaded with a classic black and white film. With Emulsify, you set your exposure (manually or automatically), compose your photo, and capture the image in stunning black and white. That’s it!
Just as your old film SLR didn’t have a built-in flash or a selfie camera, Emulsify doesn’t have those things either. And the same way that you don’t see in black and white through the viewfinder of your camera, you don’t see black and white in Emulsify’s viewfinder. Part of the art of black and white photography is learning to "see in black and white" before taking a photo!
If you’re into street photography, classic photojournalism, landscape photography, or black and white portraiture, give Emulsify a try!
• Gorgeous, film-like black and white photos.
• Multiple profiles for different film looks.
• Simulated film grain.
• Manual and automatic exposure.
• Optical zoom on devices that support it (digital zoom is not supported on any device).
• Ability to save photos in JPG, TIFF, and HEIF (on supported devices).
• Location tagging.
• Rule of thirds grid in the viewfinder.
• A complete lack of distractions like social media, selfies, zany filters, editing, or anything else that gets between you and the images.
• Improved handling of device rotation.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a simple and straightforward app: black & white, manual controls, and shoot photos! Very nice. 🖤🖤
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.