By Cloak Holdings LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Encrypt.me keeps you safe on public Wi-Fi with no fiddling or fuss.
With Encrypt.me's auto-secure feature, you don't even need to remember that you have Encrypt.me -- just connect to that coffee shop, or airport, or hotel, or conference Wi-Fi and trust that Encrypt.me's got your back.
Encrypt.me empowers our users to have total security on what matters most to them - their data on-the-go. We create innovative and award-winning apps that are as powerful as the clients we serve. Finally, peace of mind while on-the-go allowing you more time to focus on what matters most. If you're working at your favorite coffee shop, on-the-go at an Airbnb or home we help protect your data. We encrypt our user's data contribute to preventing hackers and ISPs from reading your data.
What else is cool about Encrypt.me? So much:
- With a beautiful, minimal user interface and quick access to all the important controls, Encrypt.me makes it effortless to manage your online security.
- Encrypt.me knows which networks you trust, and which you don't... and Encrypt.me automatically secures your connection when you use an untrusted network.
- All of your preferences are cloud synced to all of your devices: iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs.
As always, we welcome your comments and feedback and, yes, even your bug reports. To get in touch, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org -- we are here to help, so please do say hello!
What's New in Version 4.0.0
Introducing Encrypt.me 4.0! Encrypt.me is the same Cloak VPN you know, but now with a new identity. Oh, and we're compatible with iOS 11, too!
Please note: due to transferring the app to a new developer account, it will be necessary for all users to log into the app again. Sorry about that!
What's new in 4.0?
- Rebranded to Encrypt.me
- Support for iOS 11 and Autofill for logging in
- Minor bug fixes
Used to be Solid, Simple, Safe, Stable & Trustworthy
I can no longer recommend this app based on how it has worked since July of 2017 and experience through October 6, 2017.
- Auto secure repeatedly fails.
- Network status indication are misleading and unreliable- not connected when it says it is connected and encrypted.
- Unable to connect when other apps work fine.
- Paralyzes ability to use WiFi at all until it is both off and auto-connect disabled.
- Must repeatedly install & uninstall to try to get it to work.
Very disappointing considering what I USED to say and experienced with this app below. No longer a happy user. Open to alternatives & recommendations.
I like this app. To make sure I'm using the best I keep trying alternatives. Nothing is more dependable or consistently excellent. Great performance & trustworthy. Exactly what you'd want in a VPN. Smart, too.
Easily trust your home WiFi and have Cloak auto-magically connect to VPN on all other WiFi connections.
Reasonably priced, too. I'm on the 5GB/month "Mini" plan it works great if I use a coffeeshop WiFi or short travel. I upgrade for longer trips & they pro-rate the bills.
I'm so happy with Cloak, and I am just a satisfied user- not a shill, employee or fan of whoever makes this. Well, after 4 years of great service, I guess I'm a fan.
Easy enough to make it practical
...AND affordability priced. Turn it on using the app or the Settings switch and you’re good. I’ve used the Mini plan, 5 GB/month for $3, for several years and never come close to using it up except while on extended trips. I just turn it on when doing sensitive things... banking, purchases, etc. on unsecured public networks. Try the free two week test and see if you don’t find it to be just what you’ve been looking for. Sure, there are free VPN options, but there’s usually a reason something is available 'free'...
I have to agree with the new critical reviews
Update: now the app crashes regularly and failed to detect network changes. It's completely useless, and support is unresponsive. They spent all their resources on rebranding instead of the service itself. I am now looking for alternatives.
Something broke in the last few months, before that it was rock solid and seamless. Now it fails to detect network changes, regularly claims no internet (which requires killing the app), and sometimes won't connect at all if set to 'fastest available'.
Having some of these issues on the mac too. I suspect it's something fundamental in how they detect network location and access, but so far support hasn't solved the problem.
Oh, and this is on Verizon, so it's not just att.
A once great app in decline. Hope they fix it, otherwise I'll be looking for a different vpn provider.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cloak Holdings LLC
- © 2017 Cloak Holdings LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Month Pass$9.99
- Week Pass$3.99
- Year Pass$99.99