By Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica - the world’s most trusted reference source, enhanced for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
“Especially for students, or anyone who values what Britannica has to offer, I found the new Britannica iPad app to be a pleasing, easy way to navigate through a large body of knowledge.”
- Walt Mossberg, All Things Digital
*Search & Browse:
Over 80,000 articles – expertly written and thoroughly fact-checked – on everything from A-Rod to Zebras. Our contributors include over 100 Nobel Laureates plus subject gurus like Bill Clinton, Tony Hawk, and Desmond Tutu.
Photographs, diagrams, and charts help bring each topic to life.
*Test Your Knowledge with “Quizzes”:
Our app now features our popular quizzes testing your knowledge on pop-culture, literature, science, and more!
“LinkMap” lets you explore each article with a dynamic view of related topics.
“My Britannica” keeps track of your favorite articles and more.
Free to download. Over 65,000 articles are available for free and users can get access to 100% of the content in an ad-free experience for a $14.99 annual subscription.
- Length of subscription: 1 Year
- Price of subscription: $14.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 2.0
o Quizzes! Our app now features our popular quizzes testing your knowledge on pop-culture, literature, science, and more!
o Over 65,000 articles are available for free and users can get access to 100% of the content in an ad-free experience for a $14.99 annual subscription.
o iOS 9 compatibility
o Various usability updates
Needs Lots of Improvement
I'm upgrading by one star. New version doesn't crash, looks nicer. App still needs work (access to dictionary and other common reading app features). Getting better though.
Since this app is pathetic I'm downgrading it to one star, reason being is that since I started using it a lot it crashes on certain pages of some articles and also because it has seldom been updated.
Content is great and reasonable for fifteen bucks a year but the app is really bad - no access to the dictionary no book marks no customization. It looks alright and works well but is really lacking otherwise.
My 8yr old loves to read about things and learn. I had a Wikipedia app on his iPad but realized you could do a lot of inappropriate searches and get images and all sorts of stuff that is not kid safe. This app however is very clean and very scientific (if he wanted to try and search something out of curiosity) tons of content for free and really cool fun features. Keep it up guys!
This has always been a great encyclopedia. Smart people writing well researched and thoughtfully edited articles. With the content now available, it is a joy to explore.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 142 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
- © 2016 Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Encyclopædia Britannica Content$1.99
- Encyclopædia Britannica Content$14.99