This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Endless is a free, open-source web browser built with privacy and security in mind.
- Multiple tabs with automatic blocking of non-touch-initiated popups
- Full hardware keyboard support for iPad (hold Command key to see a list of shortcuts) for websites with keyboard bindings
- Integrated full HTTPS Everywhere ruleset to do on-the-fly URL rewriting to force requests over TLS/SSL where supported, including setting the secure bit on received cookies and auto-detection of redirection loops
- Auto-destroys non-whitelisted cookies and local storage (even within the same tab) that has not been accessed by any other tab within a configurable amount of time (defaults to 30 minutes) to improve privacy after browsing within a long-running tab
- Disables SSLv2 and SSLv3 by default, supports a configurable minimum TLS or SSL version to require (defaults to TLS 1.2)
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (RFC6797) implementation with Chromium's large preload list
- Integrated URL blocker with a small included ruleset of behavior-tracking advertising, analytics, and social networking widgets (this list is intended for enhancing privacy and not to be an AdBlock-style comprehensive ad-blocking list)
- Blocks non-whitelisted mixed-content requests (HTTP elements on an HTTPS page), shows broken padlock
- Blocks pages loaded from non-local networks (i.e., the internet) from trying to load sub-requests (e.g., images, iframes, ajax) from hosts that are on local networks such as routers and other insecure devices
- Integrated TLS/SSL certificate viewer by tapping on padlock icon, highlighting weak TLS/SSL certificate signature algorithms
- Optional sending of Do-Not-Track header on all requests
- Integrated 1Password support to quickly fill login and password information from your 1Password store (requires 1Password iOS app to be installed)
Download source code and contribute at https://github.com/jcs/endless
What's New in Version 1.7
- iPhone X support, including a fully-black dark mode
- Update HTTPS Everywhere rules to version 5.2.21
- Fix a bug in automatic data cleanup that was leaving some local storage data files around
- Endless now requires at least iOS version 11.1
Seems like a pretty good private web browser for iOS. It’s free!
The UI could use a little work. It’s hard to see the progress of page loading. It would be really cool to set a timer on closing all tabs after a certain period. Also, I’d love a night mode.
Still, Five Stars (from this layperson). Might be nice to have some reviews of the source code being audited.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Superblock, LLC
- © 2014-2017 joshua stein
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Support ongoing development$0.99
- Support ongoing development$4.99