By Originator Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App Store's Editor's Choice **
*From the team at ORIGINATOR - the creators of the beloved Endless Alphabet and Sesame Street's Monster at the End of This Book and Another Monster.... Originator is a team of passionate artists and engineers dedicated to the best education+entertainment apps for kids.*
As a follow-up to Endless Alphabet, set the stage for early reading success with Endless Reader! This app introduces "sight words", the most commonly used words in school, library, and children's books. Kids need to recognize these words by sight in order to achieve reading fluency. Recognizing sight words is advantageous for beginning readers because many of these words have unusual spelling, cannot be sounded out using phonics knowledge, and often cannot be represented using pictures.
Kids will have a blast learning sight words and their context and usage with the adorable Endless monsters. Each word features an interactive word puzzle with letters that come alive, and then a sentence puzzle with words that become what they describe. See the word "dog" as a barking dog, and the word "up" reach for the sky!
** NOTE: You must be online and have sufficient disk space while running the app to get all words in the app. **
- 6 words free to try with additional word packs available for purchase.
- Delightful animations reinforce sight recognition of words in a fun and interactive way.
- Word puzzles reinforce spelling using lower-case letters and the sentence puzzles teach definition and usage (in addition to sight recognition).
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus makes letters and words react in an extra special way!
- Endless Reader was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your children can interact with the app at their own pace.
What's New in Version 2.5
Minor bug fixes.
My daughter learned to read on these apps. She's constantly quoting it and because each word is played out in a scenario she is using the language appropriately. That is huge for her!
I only wish it was possible to block certain words. We don't celebrate holidays and she's become obsessed with most of the holiday words. There are a lot of people who don't celebrate certain holidays based on religion or personal principles and it would be great for us if there was an option to block words! It would also be an awesome tool for positive reinforcement. Unlocking new words as a reward for good behavior etc.
Excellent Learning Tool
I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old who both love using this app for hours on end. It does a terrific job when it comes to maintaining their attention. The app rewards the user with entertaining clips to help give context for each educational exercise. The only negative I can think of is that the kids will keep using the app for hours until the iPad or iPhone battery needs recharging.
I cannot say enough good about this app. The expansion packages are WORTH the money, too!!
My 6 year old autistic daughter is learning to READ and spell because of this app! And I could try tears of joy because of it. I will be telling EVERYONE to use this one to teach their children. It is absolutely wonderful!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 27, 2017
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 67.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Originator Inc.
- © 2013 Originator Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Reader Pack 1$5.99
- Reader Pack 1$5.99
- Bundle of Reader Packs (Packs 1, 2, 3, and 4)$11.99
- Reader Pack 2$5.99
- Bundle of ALL Reader Packs (Packs 1 through 12)$29.99
- Bundle of Reader Packs (Packs 5, 6, 7, and 8)$11.99
- Reader Pack 3$5.99
- Reader Pack 5$5.99
- Bundle of Reader Packs (Packs 9, 10, 11, and 12)$11.99
- Reader Pack 4$5.99