By Oli Larkin
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*standalone version - plug-ins not included*
Endless Series is a unique synthesis and effect app based on the Shepard Tone auditory illusion, which generates mind bending infinite scales, psychedelic drones and fascinating sonic textures. It works as a tone generator, a ring modulator, phaser, flanger or resonant filter bank effect. If you have a suitable audio interface you can use it to process live audio input from a guitar, microphone etc.
• Additive tone generator with up to 40 partials
• Circular pitch ring modulator, flanger, filter and 24 stage phaser FX
• Glissando, auto-stepped and MIDI stepped modes
• Many options to tweak harmonicity and timbre
• Stereo detune, phase offset and auto-panning
• Quantise pitches to 14 different scales
• Soft clipping, extra harmonics and noise modulation
• Fast ASR amplitude envelope in MIDI stepped mode
• MIDI reset-able for repeatable output
• Integrated preset system for sharing presets across platforms
• Integrated help system
• 32 high quality factory presets
• User Manual
• 64bit internal processing
See www.olilarkin.co.uk for more info, and demo videos/sounds.
What's New in Version 3.2
- visualiser now displays independent curves for left and right channels in dual mode
- improved audio driver handling
- updated manual
- sandboxed for appstore
Perfect for compositions or background sounds
I enjoy using this app to generate a sonic landscape while I'm working. The large number of presets and options make it easy to switch it up when you get bored. The Shepherd's Tones Endless Series makes use of are far superior than pink or white noise for promoting focus in my opinion.
This thing creates such compelling sounds, whether by itself or as a processor for other inputs. Mind-bending illusions. Highly recommended.
Is it too much to ask for the AU version with the purchases? Stand alone synths are practically useless and I bought thinking I was getting the AU version. Now I have a synth that is useless.