Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote for iPad app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on the iPad. By syncing your research library across iPad, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
EndNote for iPad includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X8 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science TM, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X8 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
This update is designed to improve the stability and performance of EndNote for iPad, as well as address some user issues.
* Improve internal workflow when email address is externally changed.
* Support display of notifications at startup.
* Fix issue with renaming file attachments before syncing.
* Fix issue when advancing thru a large set of search results.
* Improve accessibilty.
* Several other more minor bug fixes.
We are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback.
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ipad/contact
Ratings and Reviews
I️ don’t understand the negative reviews
I am astounded by the number of negative reviews about this app. My response to those people is - are you using the right tool for the job?
Endnote on the iPad does not compare to the PC version that I have; but used in conjunction with the PC it it a very powerful partner. It allows one to annotate and sync with the web product and the PC version - I use it to read and annotate will I write on the PC and add my bibliography.
The few times I needed support Thompson-Reuters was easily accessible and help quickly. My only response to those people giving poor reviews is that they probably haven’t learned how to this this app optimally.
Need to improve annotation tools
This is a great app for organizing literature references and syncing with the desktop application, which I use to insert references as I write. Mostly, I find I use the iPad app for reading and annotating PDF references. For this purpose, the tools need to be improved, particularly when using the Apple Pencil. It is nearly impossible to use the pencil to jot comments in the margins of articles as the settings don’t permit the fine handwriting control that is the norm with most note-taking apps. Improvement is needed.
Only useful for collecting, managing, and reviewing sources
This could have been a great product, if only they cared about functionality. They have limited this product to basic functionality and does not work too well with the desktop version. The temporary citations cannot be found when attempting to convert them on the desktop. Best method for this is to simply do it manually. Most schools force people to pay for EndNote because they provide for it in Technology Fees. This is the only reason why EndNote is still around.
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 77.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013 Thomson Reuters
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.