Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote for iPad app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on the iPad. By syncing your research library across iPad, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
EndNote for iPad includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X8 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science TM, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X8 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
EndNote for iPad is now EndNote for iOS!
New in this release:
* iPhone support!
* iPad split screen support.
* Enhanced PDF viewing and annotation controls.
* Improved file sharing options, including Airdrop and Messages.
* Improved Drag & Drop support. Attach files by dragging them from the Files app in Split Screen mode.
* Fixed issue where downloading large numbers of attachments could cause the app to shutdown.
* Several other more minor bug fixes.
We are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback.
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ios/contact
Ratings and Reviews
I️ don’t understand the negative reviews
I am astounded by the number of negative reviews about this app. My response to those people is - are you using the right tool for the job?
Endnote on the iPad does not compare to the PC version that I have; but used in conjunction with the PC it it a very powerful partner. It allows one to annotate and sync with the web product and the PC version - I use it to read and annotate will I write on the PC and add my bibliography.
The few times I needed support Thompson-Reuters was easily accessible and help quickly. My only response to those people giving poor reviews is that they probably haven’t learned how to this this app optimally.
Useful app, better annotation tools would add a star
This app extends the usefulness of EndNote. Annotation of the pdf is a bit unusual and I had to adapt my procedures to the limitations of the annotation tool set. There seem to be three tool sets that appear in different circumstances...a bit mystifying to me, though I think I figured it out. The pen tool is ok for underlining and circling, but not for writing notes. You’ll need to use the note tool for that, which hides the note text until you open the note, so you cannot see it at a glance of the page.
Good companion app, but bit buggy
I think this app works great in conjunction with the desktop version. In fact, the desktop could do with some updating to be on par with the app in terms of sleek UI and intuitive operations. That said, I have had quite a lot of issues in terms of syncing with the desktop in the past and the library taking a really long time to update. At the moment, the app is unusable to me because it will not get past the ‘indexing references’ stage upon start up. It crashes at 88% every time.
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 108.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Clarivate Analytics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.