The single best dictionary for communicating with Spanish-speaking patients!
The dictionary that breaks the language barrier between healthcare professionals and Spanish-speaking patients!
This app contains virtually all health-related terms likely to occur in a conversation between a health worker and a Spanish-speaking patient, including common colloquialisms and slang terms not found in similar dictionaries.
You will have instant access to more than 20,000 words and terms used in medicine, nursing, and dentistry, along with tips, a pronunciation guide, abbreviations, and sample dialogues. The fourth edition includes expanded sample dialogue on history taking and performing a physical examination.
Here's why this is the single-best Spanish-English dictionary:
• The most useful terms - Updated to include the latest terminology as well as medical colloquialisms and hard-to-translate phrases - covers general medicine,psychiatry, nursing, dentistry, physical therapy, social work, and more - lists over 700 drug names
• The most accurate translations - All technical terms have been verified through word frequency analyses on large databases of medical literature in Spanish and English
• The most scholarly - Lists parts of speech; indications of gender; and irregular plurals, preterites, and past participles - provides useful example phrases
No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The search tool shows you suggestions that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters and images to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app is based on the full content of English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary, Fourth Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Glenn T. Rogers, MD
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
- Usatine Media LLC
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.