Engaging Congress is a game that uses primary source documents, photographs, political cartoons, maps, and other items to explore the challenges of sustaining representative democracy in our complex and diverse nation today.
- Introductory Video
- Theme-based Stories
- Primary Source Gallery
- Primary Source Analysis
- Trivia Challenge
- Assessment Tools
Engaging Congress content is divided into five thematic stories:
- More Equal Than Others (Influencing the Political Process)
- Laws and Sausages (Separation of Powers)
- Vote Early, Vote Often (Voting Rights)
- A Balancing Act (The Federal Budget)
- Fair is not Always Equal (Federalism and States' Rights)
The accompanying Engaging Congress website (engagingcongress.org) contains many additional resources including:
- The Teacher Toolbox
- Curriculum Guide
- Correlation of content with Social Studies standards
- Bank of multiple-choice and discussion assessment questions
- Links to Library of Congress primary source analysis guides
- Downloadable PDFs and PNGs of all primary source documents
- And more.
Optimization to reduce file size and memory usage, now works on iPad 3 and iPhone 6.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.