English Audiobooks - Librivox
Learn English by reading and listening to "Audiobooks". If you know the language, just enjoy our catalog.
- Over 3000 audiobooks.
- The books can be downloaded and read without Internet connection.
- Includes the text of the books.
"English AudioBooks - Libribox - Libribox" offers free access to over 3,000 audiobooks. The application includes lists of books sorted by genre and popularity.
Audio books are free thanks to the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who recorded, edited and distributed. The catalog includes novels, history books, biographies, short stories, poetry and more.
The application facilitates searching the LibriVox catalog. You can see the most popular books, browse by title, author or genre, or search by keywords.
- Les Miserables (By Hugo, Victor)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (by Mark Twain)
- Pride and Prejudice (by Jane Austen)
- How to analyze people on sight through the science of human analysis: The Five Human Types (For Benedict, Elsie Lincoln)
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Grimm Fairy Tales (By Grimm, Jacob and Wilhelm)
- The old songs (by Whitman, Walt)
- Prince, The (by Machiavelli, Niccolo)
- Ulysses (by James Joyce)
- The Republic (Plato)
- Frankenstein (By Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft)
- Tale of Two Cities (Dickens Poe, Charles)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (by Lewis Carroll)
- The Importance of Being Earnest (by Oscar Wilde)
- Siddhartha (For Hesse, Hermann)
- Gulliver's Travels (By Swift, Jonathan)
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The (By Twain, Mark)
- Moby (Melville, Herman)
- A Christmas Carol (Dickens Poe, Charles)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (By Douglass, Frederick)
- Great Expectations (Version 1) (by Charles Dickens)
- Dracula (by Bram Stoker)
- The Doll House (By Ibsen, Henrik)
- Jane Eyre (For Brontë, Charlotte)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (by Dumas, Alexandre)
- War and Peace (Tolstoy, Leo)
- Beyond Good and Evil (Nietzsche, Friedrich)
- A Modest Proposal (A Swift, Jonathan)
- Portrait of Dorian Gray (by Oscar Wilde)
- Peter Pan (by Barrie M., J.)
- The Princess of Mars (by Burroughs, Edgar Rice)
- A Study in Scarlet (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Treasure Island (By Louis Stevenson, Robert)
- Walden (by Thoreau, Henry David)
- Tests Book 1 (De Montaigne, Michel Eyquem of)
- The War of the Worlds, The (By Wells, H. G.)
- Robinson Crusoe (by Defoe, Daniel)
- Emma (by Jane Austen)
- Dubliners (For Joyce, James)
- Death (For Joyce, James)
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- The works of Edgar Allan Poe (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Three Men in a Boat (to say nothing of the dog) (For Jerome, Jerome K.)
- Wuthering Heights (For Brontë, Emily)
- The Wizard of Oz (by L. Frank Baum)
- The Jungle Book (For Kipling, Rudyard)
- 12 Tales of Terror (For Allan Poe, Edgar)
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
Audio Books - Librivox
Updated for the latest IOS version.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the idea, but it needs work
The app is great when I can listen straight through, but not when I need to pause midway. Sometimes it works perfectly. Other times it resets to the start of the chapter or to the home screen so that I have to reopen the book. And it's difficult to adjust the starting point with the tiny progress bar...
Even with these shortcomings, it's a handy app. I might even volunteer to read for Librovox...
But wish it could download
When not on Internet
It is fun to read along with the narrator.
- Jordi Josa
- 47.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © ironServices.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.